• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Split / Merge functions in Transcript Mode still not fixed???

Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've seen people posting about this for a couple years back in this forum....why hasn't it been addressed yet? Transcript editing is clunky, slow, and buggy. People have already provided evidence of buttons such as split segment and merge segment not performing the intended function (they do nothing) and being forced to restart, change workspaces, etc. to get them to work temporarily. So here I am piling on. Please keep in mind, one has to encounter a serious level of disruption to come posting in the forums looking for help & solutions. The number of unaddressed bugs in Premiere is exhausting 😑 

Premiere Pro v23.1 build 86

Mac OS Monterey

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Apr 04, 2024 Apr 04, 2024

Hello @ashley2758971421nb,

Thanks for the message. It’s been a long while since you filed this bug, and I am sorry for the lack of a response. Are you still having this issue? If so, the team will need more information from you to reproduce the bug. Can you provide the information required here? How do I write a bug report?

I'll move your post to the Discussions board while we await your information.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ashley,

Thanks for posting this. I can't seem to find the related bug reports that might have been transferred over from UserVoice. 

@Ishan Y, do you see them? They were linked in your post here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/problem-editing-transcriptions-split-amp-mer....  The links are now 404, but I don't think that means they are not still there. And, of course, if you have any update on this problem that would be great!

I am on the same version of PR, but on Win10. The function is working for me. I have assumed this may be Mac only, but I am unsure.

Any Mac users on the Beta who can report on whether this is fixed there?

Part of the problem with previous reports is that the merge/split button issues have been fixed in the past, and we can't really know whether the problem is from the same cause or something different. At least one split/merge problem affected Mac and PC. The captioning workflow is being actively improved, so there are "opportunities" for things that were working right in one version to go wrong in the next. In any event, I believe the current merge/split problems began with PR 23.0 and may be associated with editing speaker names.

One of the main discussions:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/problem-editing-transcriptions-split-amp-mer...

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @Stan Jones 

Thanks for tagging me! I can't access the UserVoice links too. I have reached out to the engineering team. I'll update you once I get a response.

Ishan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Ishan.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2024 Apr 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @ashley2758971421nb,

Thanks for the message. It’s been a long while since you filed this bug, and I am sorry for the lack of a response. Are you still having this issue? If so, the team will need more information from you to reproduce the bug. Can you provide the information required here? How do I write a bug report?

I'll move your post to the Discussions board while we await your information.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines