• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'length')

Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2023 Aug 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Editing with 23.6.0 using Productions

System:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10940X CPU @ 3.30GHz 3.31 GHz
64GB Ram

I created a post already with issues about general issues with the text panel after creating auto transcripts, but now the problem is not solved by simply opening and closing the text panel, and persists after relaunching the app. TypeError.png

This problem is continued from the previous version (23.5.0) and has escalated to the point where the text panel is useless.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Editing and playback , Graphics , Import and ingest , User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
6 Comments
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: This issue has not been fixed. However, I did diagnose this issue further. It occurrs when the CTI (Playhead) scrubs over a video clip with no dialogue. By moving the CTI to a clip with audible dialogue, and closing and re-opening the panel, the text tracking comes back. This is still a pain and should be fixed,

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2023 Sep 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the same issue.
I used Essential Sound to mark up what was Dialogue and what was Music. Within the text panel, it asked to transcribe the instrumental track, which I said no to. Then, this warning appeared.
Scrubbing to a dialogue section didn't work for me (but I have the music underneath the entirety of the short 15" Sequence).
Removing the music track from the timeline completely, and then closing and reopening the Text panel seemed to be the only fix that worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2023 Sep 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: Moving the music track away from the dialogue and then closing/opening the Text panel also works. But it again asks to auto-transcribe the music.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OOH. I think I figured it out. 
I only had this issue on one of the 8 videos I was making - The difference being, that I enabled "auto-transcribe" upon import this time. Unfortunately, simply disabling auto-transcribe under Edit -> Preferences - > Transcription did not do the trick alone. What worked was "Nesting" all the tracks I wanted to transcribe into one, then double-clicking that new sub-sequence, therefore expanding a new Sequence tab. Once in the sequence containing only the clips I want to transcribe, I selected them all, reopened the text window and voila! The transcription is now available without crashing.

I think there's something wrong with the parameters the program sets if auto-transcription is enabled when the project is created. It's like it will only consider transcribing the first sequence created, because of the default "auto-transcribe only clips in sequence" setting. By later importing audio voice-over tracks, there seemed to be a conflict.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2023 Dec 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Prior system: M2 Pro Mac mini (19 core GPU; 32 GB RAM) - Ventura macOS

New system: M2 Max Macbook Pro 16" (38 core GPU; 64 GB RAM) - Ventura macOS

I have been working on a project that has been solely in PP 23.6.2 that has a few hours of interviews that have been "Text/Transcribed". No issues whatsover until today when I switched Mac systems. I was making revisions to a sequence and had the "Text" tab open to view the interview transcription details. The error mentioned in this post came up and eventually my system crashed. I was able to repeat this error and crash about 5-10 times.

I attempted multiple solutions: resetting workspace, offline/online (replace footage) for the clips and eventually entire project, reset settings, reset cache, and even tried opening the project in PP 24.0.3 and was still able to reproduce the issue of error message and crash.

My workaround fix that I stumbled across was pinpointing which audio/video clip kept producing the crash and deleting the moment from my sequence. I then went back and re-cut this clip from the Source Monitor into my timeline, and at least for this moment, I haven't had an error or crash using "Text/Transcription". 

I'm not confident that this problem has gone away, and I wanted to share with the community to see if there's any details on why this is happening in both PP 2023 and PP 2024.

Screenshot 2023-12-06 at 12.34.44 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate