Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2018 not working with AFXs

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2018 AFXs will not open a 2017 project.

On top of that... I have a premier project that I edited in the new 2018.  I can not get it to dynamic link since

I had to re-install 2017 AFXs to get my AFX project to even open.

Is there ANY way to open a 2018 Premier project in 2017 version?  It will not let me go backwards... which I figured would be the case.

Damn the upgrades!

TK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can have both 2017 (11.x build series) and 2018 (12.x build series) installed at the same time. Which may help for part of your troubles.

And no, PrPro has never had backward compatibility. Oft as it's been asked for.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you dynamic link between AFXs 2017 and Premier 2018?  It will not let me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, to 'Dynamic Link' requires matched versions of the two programs, which is a pain at times for sure.

The puzzler is why your 2017 AfterEffects project didn't open in 2018 Ae, as ... it should. You might try creating a new project in Ae 2018, then importing that 2017 project file, see if that works ... I normally import old projects into a new project file created in either PrPro or Ae, rather than just opening an old project in them.

Just make sure that when installing a new app from the CC app, you check the  "Advanced Options" box and UNCHECK the "remove prior versions" default option.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In order for DL to work the programs have to be of the same versions.

You can however export a Pr 2018 project as xml and import that into Pr 2017. Not all info will transfer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines