• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

4 Camera Multicam Sequence Shows Black Video on All But One Angle

Engaged ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a strange issue where my multicam sequence I've previously edited is now showing just black video on every angle but one. I removed all the effects from the clips in the multicam sequences just to make sure that wasn't causing the problem, but no luck. I made a short video clip to show the issue I'm having. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. Also, they're still black if I try rendering the work area or exporting the video.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

FINALLY here is the ultimative workaround for this issue which was introduced in Premiere 2017.2 and continued to stay in the current version of Premiere 2018 (12.0.1). A suggestion in the past was to flat or deactivate your cameras in the nested multicam sequence. Doing this lets you at least see all cameras and you are able to export properly. But further multicam edits are prevented in this sequence. Also quiting and reopenig, doing a raindance or yelling at the clods sometimes works but in m

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello over there,

looks strange - two ideas come up to my mind:

1. what happens, if you flatten your mc clips in your timeline? (I know, that is no solution for this behaviour, but could help finnish the project)

2. build up a new project and import via media browser the whole project, delete your cache files and if necessary delete preferences (starting PP with pressed "alt" and "shift").

Good luck!

Jogen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I worked on another project earlier today, but when I opened this one back up just now, everything's suddenly fine. I'm not sure what happened, but I'm glad it's working now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestions, Jogen and Jim.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have any specific ideas, but here's a general troubleshooting guide that might offer some help.

Unofficial Premiere Pro Troubleshooting Guide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 02, 2017 Jun 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, right now the same phenomenon happend to me - PC Win7, PP 11.1.1:

Mulitcam Sequence with 6 Cameras (C300), and I put lumetri and brightness filters on each clip,

returning to my timeline all clips except one turned black.

Restarting Premiere and all visible again.

Fine, that we talked about it 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just happened to me as well. Multicam with 4 cameras. Within the nested sequence, I had just applied Lumetri Color to all of the clips. When I returned to main sequence, one of the cameras had turned black (though showing up in the source monitor, and everything toggled on/visible in nested sequence).

I quit and reopened and now it is showing again.

CC 2017.1.2. OS X 10.11.6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I may have made a discovery on this a couple projects back. I found that if I went into the multicam sequence and did a cut or two on some of the tracks that it seemed to cause this issue of some camera angles going black on the main timeline. If you closed and reopened the project, it would be fine, even with the cut(s) still there. Not sure what causes this and it doesn't seem to always be consistent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FINALLY here is the ultimative workaround for this issue which was introduced in Premiere 2017.2 and continued to stay in the current version of Premiere 2018 (12.0.1). A suggestion in the past was to flat or deactivate your cameras in the nested multicam sequence. Doing this lets you at least see all cameras and you are able to export properly. But further multicam edits are prevented in this sequence. Also quiting and reopenig, doing a raindance or yelling at the clods sometimes works but in my expereience more often does not. But here, FINALLY, now the ultimative workaround: go into your multicam sequence, tweak a clip effect (e.g. scaling) on all blacked out cameras, go back and - everybody confronted with this problem now takes a deep breath - every camera is back and you are able to multicam edit again. Spread the word!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2018 Mar 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also just want to add that going back to the multicam dragging each clip left or right in the timeline and then hitting undo to bring it back to its original position is quick and seems to bring the clips back alive in the multicam sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OH MY GOD.  After hours of trying everything under the sun, this was the fix.  What the HECK?!  Why does it happen to begin with?  How frustrating.  Thank god the client wasn't sitting behind me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's April, 2022 and this is what just worked for me, too...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU. This is what fixed it for me.  Still an issue in 2022 (whatever the latest premiere sub version is in May 2022).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2022 Jun 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!! June 2022, latest version of PP, and this is still an issue and this is still the fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2019 Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried this and sadly did not work for me. When you say go back. Do you mean closing the project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried this to fix the issue in 2022. Simply set the scale of the affected clip to 100.1 and voila my video returned from the void. This software should be called the real workaround simulator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2022 Feb 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This actually worked... Even 4 years later lol. Thanks so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What GermanTV described here worked for me. 

Only one of my four multicam clips was showing up in my sequence, the rest of the three were just black, even though I could see all three of them just fine in multicam view in my Program Monitor. 

I selected only one of the affected clips, changed its scale to 100.1% like L.Ni described below, then I quit Premiere and reopened my project, and wow, all of the clips are back, not just the one I changed to 100.1%. Phew.

Thank you to everyone working on fixes and workarounds for this.

I am currently on version 22.4.0 (Build 57), I haven't updated to 2023 yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2024 Feb 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2019 Dec 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you think it would be fixed by now Adobe, Every verison of CC does this! Is this Mac and PC issue or just Mac.  I will try tweaking the clip. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2019 Dec 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did the upgrade from my old CS6 tot CC, and in my first Premiere project with CC I'm encountering this bug. Very disappointing that Adobe doesn't solve this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 28, 2019 Dec 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a fairly uncommon problem that typically is some local issue. Totally maddening to have it occur but ... limited.

Have you tried the various things mentioned above? I would personally first close Premiere,  go to the folders for Premiere's cache/cache database files, and delete everything.

Then reboot and see how Premiere behaves. But I hope that or other things above gets you going.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 07, 2019 Dec 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DaylightFilms,

Please go to their UserVoice  site and report this. In detail!

It's something that is afflicting only a small subset of users, which makes it blasted difficult to diagnose. If it only affects a tiny percentage, what combination of .... what? ... triggers it?

At Adobe MAX last month, I got to talk with an engineer who reads nearly all the Premiere UV filings. Yes, they do read them all ... and he wants more reports, in more detail. The more detail the better. "My Premiere sucks cause it does X" doesn't help any engineer puzzle it out.

Getting a detailed sample of hardware/programs/media/effects used by the group that has a certain issue gives them a much better base to debug it.

And Adobe lives by metrics ... give them some.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still a bug in March 2020. The resizing the video in the source clip to bring it back in the playback in the prog Monitor on the multicam sequence. still works for some reason as a workaround. Thank you GermanTV

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is ridiculous that this is still an issue. I spent an hour or so trying to work around this bug.

Absolutely astonishing Adobe! 

I used the re-size method (up 1% and then back down 1%) and it sorted it first go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines