• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A7S3 glitching in 15.4 Premiere Pro on M1 MacBook Air 16gb

Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2021 Jul 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd updated to 15.4 Premiere, which now has native support for M1 Macs, on my M1 Macbook Air 16gb, but now there's imaging glitching randomly in almost every A7S3 XAVC-S 4K footage when viewing on monitor and even after exporting them! This happen a lot in Beta version before.

If I swtich back to 15.2 Premiere without native M1 support, the glitching is gone. Or as I swtich to other source files like A7C footages, the glitching is gone as well. I think this only happen ti A7S3 footage. 

Does anyone have same issue? Maybe this will be resolved in future update?

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Export , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Hi @defaultxyjvoixrrgs0 @outkasta @alexandreh47044936 @Silkr0ad @Leonie5CC2 defaultxw549fsl2ywx

Sorry again for this issue. We have enabled Hardware Acceleration decode of HEVC/H264 4:2:2 10 bit on Mac ARM systems in the latest Premiere Pro Beta builds. We expect the issue to get fix in the latest beta build(starting from build 58). 

Please download the latest Premiere Pro Beta build from Creative Cloud --> Beta apps --> Premiere Pro (Beta)

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/creative-cloud-public-beta.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Hi @alexandreh47044936 

Thanks for the confirmation. We have enabled Hardware Acceleration decode of HEVC/H264 4:2:2 10 bit on Mac ARM systems in the latest Premiere Pro Beta builds. The issue has been fixed in the latest beta build(starting from build 58). 

It is not available yet in regular builds, though on track to be available there also. You can continue working with Beta builds for now. 

Thanks,
Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @exclusivemoose ,

This fix is now available in the regular builds. Please download the latest Premiere Pro version 22 from the creative cloud app. Let us know how it goes for you.

You can have a look at this announcement https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/adobe-max-2021-and-adobe-premiere-pro-v-22/t...

Thanks,
Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Question to those who've had this problem, is it solved in the current version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes since the 22 !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it's not solved. I am still having the same issue with the current version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not solved. Oh well, FCP here I come.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way if you have a 16inch M1 Max, same situation. Obviously a major downer considering I've been waiting for the macbook for 2 months now to find out it's useless for the application I need it for.  I rented two Sony FX3's and rec at 10bit 4:2:2 for chromakeying.  It was heartbreaking to have to go back to my 2019 macbook.   Can we get a fix for this Adobe?  Whats the hold up?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same Issue and I fixed it opening Premiere Pro using Rosetta. This solver the issue for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2022 Mar 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem with footage from a Sony FX6.  I just bought a 16in M1 Max.  Ive got 3 projects lined up.    Is there any fix for this???  Premiere Pro has been my go to editing software for years, but we can't afford set backs and delays.  I bought the M1 Max specifically for increasing the speed at which we work.  This is slowing me down greatly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

UPDATE

I've been experimenting with my settings and I may have found a workaround.  I am rendering at a high VBR (12/18) and with the maximum bit depth box checked.  SO FAR, I have not had any glitches with those settings.  I have rendered 3 videos.  All 3 were shot on my FX6.  One of the videos was glitching like mad at a lower, CBR and without the max bit depth box checked.

Obviously I am delivering in h.264/MP4.  I don't know about those of you who have had glitching in other codecs.  Maybe try checking the maximum bit depth box (if available) in whatever codec you're rendering in.  Maybe it will help.   Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines