• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe MAX 2021 and Adobe Premiere Pro (v.22)

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe MAX Logo Blue.png

Welcome to Adobe MAX 2021!
October 26-28

Register Here. It's free!

MAX FAQ: Find out more. See what you can learn. 
MAX Sessions: Pick from a huge variety of digital video & audio courses.

Our MAX contest entries have been recieved. Thanks for participating!

What's new in Premiere Pro 2021 (v.22)?

Update Icon.pngPremiere Pro (22.0), (October 2021 release) is now available for download from the Creative Cloud desktop app. This update includes numerous bug fixes, several new features, and performance improvements.

• This update is recommended for all users. 
  • If you are experiencing any issues, please create a new post explaining your issue so we can help.
  • If you have a bug to report or any complaint please do that on User Voice, not here.

There are numerous features in the new version of Premiere Pro. Check them all out here!

whats_new_premeire_pro_max_2021_unified_version_number.pngUnified version numbers: With this release, Adobe video and audio applications are aligned on version 22.0, making it easier for you to keep track of updates and ensure compatibility across the applications. More info here.

whats_new_premeire_pro_max_2021_improve_caption.pngSpeech to Text improvements: Improved transcription accuracy for pop culture terminology and better formatting of dates and numbers. More info here.

whats_new_premeire_pro_max_2021_simplify_sequence.pngSimplify Sequence: Create a clean copy of the current sequence for sharing with other editors, archiving, or exporting as EDL, XML, or AAF. More info here.

whats_new_premeire_pro_max_2021_colour_management_hevc.pngColor management for H.264 and HEVC: New color management for H.264 and HEVC formats, including 10-bit and HDR media, means that the correct color space is used in Premiere Pro when importing or exporting these formats. More info here.

Improved playback for 10-bit HEVC: New hardware-accelerated decoding for 10-bit HEVC 422 provides improved playback and editing on Apple M1 and Intel Windows systems. More info here.

Improved playback for 10-bit H.264 on Apple M1: New hardware-accelerated decoding for 10-bit H.264 422 provides a smoother editing experience with this format on Apple M1 computers. More info here.

Color management for Sony XAVC-L-HDR: New color management for Sony XAVC-L-HDR footage gives broadcasters and production teams another option for working with HDR content. More info here.

whats_new_premeire_pro_max_2021_color_vectorscope.pngNew colorized Vectorscope: Use the new Colorized Vectorscope to guide your grading. Double-click the Vectorscope to zoom in for more detail. More info here.

whats_new_premeire_pro_max_2021_improved_histogram.pngImproved Histogram: Improved Histogram offers a brighter and crisper display for both Standard Dynamic Range and HDR content. More info here.

whats_new_premeire_pro_max_2021_improvement_new_import.pngLumetri curve refinements
: A larger window and easier selection make curve adjustments more enjoyable and more efficient. More info here.

whats_new_premeire_pro_max_2021_restore_triming.pngRestore trim selection: This convenience feature lets you restore selections in the timeline that you may have accidentally unselected. More info here.

Improved Media Relinking for Team Projects: Use the same media relinking workflow in Team Projects as you do in stand-alone Premiere Pro. Team Projects generates the mapping, keeping track of your local media and the shared Team Projects file. More info here.

Improved Bars and Tone: You can now create test patterns for both HDR (High Dynamic Range) and traditional SDR (Standard Dynamic Range). The audio parameters are now combined into one consolidated dialog. More info here.

New GPU acceleration for effects: Alpha Glow, Mirror, Reduce Interlace Flicker, and Strobe are now GPU-accelerated, offering significantly better during playback performance and render faster for exports. More info here.

Premiere Pro Beta New Features

Check out new features from Premiere Pro Beta. Very excited to see "Remix" added to the feature set!

whats_new_premeire_pro_max_2021_beta_introducing_mix.pngRemix, powered by Adobe Sensei: Use Remix to intelligently re-arrange songs so that your music matches your videos. Instead of manual razor cuts and crossfades, let Remix do the work for you, generating a new mix in seconds. More info here.

whats_new_premeire_pro_max_2021_beta_auto_tune.pngAuto Tone: Auto Tone uses new technology to apply intelligent color corrections in the Lumetri Color panel. Auto Tone adjustments are reflected in the Lumetri sliders so that you can fine-tune the results. More info here.

Speech to Text on-device: Now in Beta, Speech to Text on-device lets you use Speech to Text without an internet connection, providing faster transcriptions. More info here.

Improvements for new Import mode: New import mode, currently in Premiere Pro (Beta) now includes UI refinements, sorting options, marquee selection, a playhead for scrubbing thumbnails, the ability to copy files on import, and more. More info here.

Remix: the latest hot feature in Premiere Pro Beta. Check it out!

Auto Tone: Automatic color correction provides a great starting point for color grading!

Adobe Premiere Pro Beta Program Information

How does one download Adobe Premiere Pro Beta and provide feedback? See the following video. 

Premiere Pro Articles

The following is a collection of articles about Adobe Premiere Pro (v.22). 

Premiere Pro Video (v.22) Tutorials

Video Tutorials for Premiere Pro (v.22)

What's New in Premiere Pro!? by Javier Mercedes

System Requirements

Please check system requirements for any changes to the new version that may relate to your computer system: System Requirements.

What's fixed?

Community, please take note of the following fixed issues.

• When selecting “Export each channel as separate file”, audio clip import fails.
  • Animated .gif output Quality slider (in video settings) does nothing.
  • Files from Polaroid Cube camera slowly drift out of sync.
  • Media captured using Xbox Game Bar displays with green preview artifacts.
  • Improved Smart Rendering Export performance.
  • Improved playback of certain MP4 files with multiple audio streams.
  • Ripple Trim shortcut will slip one frame.
  • Improved stability when switching workspaces.
  • Moving markers in the timeline with M1 Mac results in flickering in the Program Monitor.
  • Application hangs with control surface device and using <CMD>+<Opt>+Drag operation in the timeline.
  • Copy and paste of track volume will add a second instance in the volume effect.
  • The macOS (Big Sur) Moving slider tool results in preview glitches with a black frame in Source Monitor.
  • Resetting the button in the Loudness Meter effect can cause Premiere Pro to crash while using JKL.
  • Registration failure of multiple GPU filters.

For more information on fixed issues, visit the Fixed Issues page.

Known Issues

Premiere Pro: Known issues for Adobe Premiere Pro (v.22) are beginning to surface. You can stay updated on these issues on the Known Issues documentation.

• Issue: H.264 422 media will drop frames with default half-resolution playback. 
    Workaround: To avoid this issue, switch to full resolution. If you need half-resolution playback only, download the latest Premiere Pro Beta, which has the fix for this issue.
  • Issue: Premiere Pro hangs on launch on macOS systems.
    Workaround: Follow the steps in this knowledge base article.

For more information on known issues, click here.

Media Encoder: Known issues for Adobe Media Encoder (v.22)

• Dynamic Link between Media Encoder and other digital video and audio applications is malfunctioning for some editors. This issue is under investigation.

Creative Cloud Desktop Application: Known issues for the Adobe Creative Cloud Application

Preferences: It's as designed, but some are discovering that when updating Premiere Pro or Premiere Pro Beta, the Creative Cloud application may start updating all applications. It also deletes older versions of the applications, so do be aware of that. You may not want these things to occur. If not, choose Preferences and disable these actions under "Apps."

Adobe MAX 2021

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, amazing Kevin!!

-Office : Adobe || Home : Resolve-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin hi.

I really like major updates. There is something to try. The only thing I don't understand is why developers have been paying attention to this for so long

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed from users here that there are a lot of issues related to Dynamic Link with After Effects

and broken links. Also missing renders and file links after updates, even when having files on local drives.

These issues are resolved after rolling back to previous versions: 

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/44380029-dynamic-link-with-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work on the Win 10 system. I tried different projects that I did in the previous version of AE20 21. Now I do not feel any inconvenience in linking the compositions AE and Pr v.22. I would like you to pay attention to the immediate correction of the smoothness and performance of playing clips on the timeline in Pr. It is impossible to work. And the second point: either remove the Color Management function or modify it. If in Pr. it works, then with a dynamic link with the AE at the end and switching to the timeline Pr. there is an incorrect interpretation of the color to the Glow effects. Didn't check other effects. They are doubled and it turns out as if I applied this effect twice. It is treated by reconfiguring the effect in AE. This is an extra headache. I really want to have a productive and fast product like all Adobe users. We are waiting for an update to forget all this. Success

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already mentioned this to Adobe employees so that they would consider a separate installation file for Win and iMac users. Because problems can be solved locally for each system, if necessary, and not affect existing and functioning tools. There will be fewer performance issues. I'm talking about the example of installing DaVinci Resolve. There, the installation is carried out strictly for a specific workstation. I think it will save a lot of problems. Now there are a lot of questions on the forum with the participation of the user on the Imac. Although there are errors and Win users. But, still, it's better to deal with errors this way. If an error is detected in Imac users, developers only work with the installation of Imac. Win users are happy. And vice versa. To sum up, there will be no imbalance in error correction. And now I see that the error is being fixed on the Imac, it appears to Win users. And vice versa. Success

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Baffy,

Thanks for the comments. I mentioned to you in the past. Please address your complaints or suggestions to the product team here: User Voice. Placing them here won't do much good. That would be ideal. Sorry about that.

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin. Glad to hear from you.
I can't go in to vote for reasons I don't understand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After reviewing user requests, I came to the conclusion that Dynamic Link works normally on the Win 10 platform. I checked on my machine whether it was projects started in the previous version of Premier 14.5.1. and the AE composition is picked up and linked without any problems. iMac users have a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

will "Premiere Pro 22.0" run on a 2015 imac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the specs, Charles?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

will "Premiere Pro 22.0" run on a 2015 imac?

Adobe Premiere Pro System Requirements

read here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You broke nesting. I can't nest anything now. Premier freezes as soon as begin a nesting sequence operation. Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you try to reset the preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NESTING was broken in 3 updates before the release of 15.4.1. Personally, I asked the developers to fix this problem. There is no such problem now. I work and use NEST daily in my projects. Everything is fine. I am working on a Win 10 system

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Kevin & Everyone,

I'm looking forward to trying the new version, looks really great! However, there seems to be an issue and since this update has downloaded I'm simply unable to launch the program (please see image below). Could you tell me what might be causing the issue?

Thanks and all the best,

NoraPremiere issue.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unable to reset preferences through Creative Cloud?

With Premiere Pro closed, navigate to the preferences file and move it to another location. 

By default, the preferences files are located here:

• Windows: C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro\15.0\Profile-<profilename>\Adobe Premiere Pro Prefs.xml
  • macOS: /Users/<username>/Library/Preferences/com.Adobe.Premiere Pro.15.0.plist

The next time you open Premiere Pro, it creates a new preferences file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi @Kevin-Monahan , who is the lucky member of adobe max that get 1year free subscription? 🙂

-Office : Adobe || Home : Resolve-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Ripple Trim shortcut will slip one frame" should not be considered as a bug. This is now the reason I'm not upgrading to v22. Please put it back!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rodgezooi,

Sorry, my friend. A better place to let the team know your ideas is here: Premiere Pro User Voice.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to thank Adobe for making my MAJOR computer purchase of a year ago to be able to run Adobe products efficiently an entire WASTE of money, as I apparently do not have a processing chip in my iMac that can handle the 2022 versions. Thank you for taking a knife and carving out the entry level creative from being able to use your products and being able to move a career forward. I will now take this $5000 albatross that drained my bank account a year ago to RUN Adobe products, and go dump it in the nearest lake, where it apparently will have more usefulness than here on my desk attempting to use Adobe products. 

I do hope you get my underlying two word message here, Adobe. I mean it from the bottom of my new creator heart. I hope all who can afford the correct computers enjoy the upgrades. And I applaud Adobe for driving another nail in the coffin of those just starting out on creative careers. We get it. Hollywood and the industry doesn't want us unless Daddy has a trust fund or we have 5 million only fans subscribers to pay for a new computer with the appropriate specs.

To everyone else, excuse my rant (and my tinge of jealousy, as the 2022 updates really do seem amazing!). But it was a knife to my heart to see that my $5000 iMac investment from early 2020 (maxing out everything I could for the fastest computer I could afford to run Adobe products - in an attempt to build a profitable content creator career), was an investment in nothing. It was all chosen for using Adobe, with the recommendations of Adobe pro's to help me decide what I needed to buy. Joke's on me, I guess, because now the 2021 older software seems to 'somehow' not work anymore without regular crashes this week. And I thought that was just an Apple trick forcing us to purchase upgrades. Someone want to teach me to draw? Seems a better career investment than anything that requires tech.

Rant over. Return to the gushing about 2022 and Max. For those who have the right computer specs, it really does look like something worth gushing over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Buddy, you're not alone.

I use the Win system. And believe me, I don't fly either. The program itself is not crammed with something cumbersome and time-consuming to experience inconveniences in performance. Honestly, I am amazed by the other, although the problem of speed is now in the priority of users and will always be. The work should boil and fly as much as this professional tool allows. And it allows you to work with brakes and expectations. This tool is not just an NLE, but a professional product.
So, you are talking about speed, when we are sure that this work is being done from update to update throughout the time, then I think it does not affect this in any way. What I'm saying is that just try to navigate between the work panels in the Premiere program for a few seconds, and you will understand how much they want the application to belong to the category of a professional tool. How much you can talk about simple things and when these ridiculous brakes will be fixed remains a mystery.

Take care of your nerves!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines