• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acronic detected potential RansomWare coming through Adobe Premiere

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there, I recently added an OWC RAID system for a film I'm editing and installed the free Acronis True Image software. My project was getting slow so I rebooted my computer and when I relaunched Premiere I got a RANSOME Where alert via Premiere Pro - it looked like several files were affected including my Adobe Premiere preferences.

Has anyone else experienced this?

BP

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro does not send secuirty messages like that. Are you sure the "error" mesage you're getting isn't the actual scam? Do you have antivirus or malware software you can run?

JVK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Let me clarify, the alert came from Acronis, not Premiere. I updated my OS, including security and so far things seem fine again. 

Thanks.

Beth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines