Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

'Add Captions' Button Disappeared

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

For some odd reason, the button which adds new captions in the 'text' menu has just totally disappeared..?

There is no [+] button to enter a new caption.

I have no idea why this has happened, is anyone else experiencing this issue and can anyone help at all?

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might not be your issue. But one thing that can be confusing ... the + button to add another text icon only lights up when you move the CTI (playhead) to an "open" spot on the timeline with no other captions there. If you have the CTI over a spot with a curent caption, it's grayed out.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Ann and Neil's responses don't get you back on track, a screenshot would help.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for reporting this issue.

It sounds like you need to widen the text panel to make these buttons appear again - else they will be collapsed into the "..." overflow menu item.

Best regards,

Alexander

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alexander, thanks!

I totally forgot this possible cause. I now remember it has come up before.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I was looking for a solution for 15 min. What a relief.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!! Have been struggling with this problem for days and now it is solved. With a surprisingly simple solution 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is a year after the fact but I was troubleshooting this issue myself and just in case it helps anyone else searching... 

Switch from "captions" workspace to "captions and graphics" workspace!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks all for this thread. As a new person to Premiere Pro, these kinds of things are invaluable. Not always the easiest and most intuitive!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines