• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding metadata to multiple clips not working

Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using this function previously on CC2017 with no problem: I select multiple clips in the project panel, type a value into the clip metadata field eg. 'Description' and then that value appears on all the selected clips.

Now when I do it on 2018 the value only appears on 2 of the selected clips, not all of them. I have tried shift selecting, control selecting & marquee selecting multiple clips - every time: only 2 clips get the metadata.

Anyone else seeing this?

Thanks,

Mike

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Thanks for the video, Mike. I am able to replicate this issue at my end and I will report this issue to the concerned team.

Please file a bug report here and I'll do my best to advocate on your behalf, as well.

Thanks again for reporting this.

-Kulpreet Singh

Edit: Our engineering team is aware of this issue and they are working on a fix. Thanks for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

Please share the repro-steps (workflow) and I will investigate on this.

A small video will be super helpful.

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the video, Mike. I am able to replicate this issue at my end and I will report this issue to the concerned team.

Please file a bug report here and I'll do my best to advocate on your behalf, as well.

Thanks again for reporting this.

-Kulpreet Singh

Edit: Our engineering team is aware of this issue and they are working on a fix. Thanks for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been a week! I've lost hours having to manually enter in this info. Adobe constantly with garbage software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news on a fix for this please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi LaBallena,

This issue is one of our top priorities and our engineering team is working on a fix.

I do not have an ETA for the update, but we will notify you once they are live.

Thanks for your patience.

-Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the prompt reply. Does rolling back to CC 2017 fix the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue seems to be specific to the current version (v12) only. I am not able to repro this issue on the CC2017.

-Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about a workaround in the meantime?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My current workaround:

With the bin in list view and the column in question visible, type the metadata into the field on one clip.

Copy it via Ctrl+C

Hit enter and cursor will jump to to that field on next clip

Paste via Ctrl V

Hit enter and repeat.

This only works for one metadata field at a time obviously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, we do not have a workaround for this (in v12).

-Kulpreet Singh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am seeing this as well.  Would be great to get an update from Adobe on this as this is a pretty important workflow and to do this one at a time is ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is killing me. I've just started editing a feature film with a very tight schedule. The lack of ability to add/alter metadata on multiple clips is severely slowing down our workflow organizing the vast number of clips. PLEASE repair this or supply a workaround ASAP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah it's killing me too. I have over 6 reels of rushes with interviews, GVs, specific sync all crossing over.

I need to be able to batch update clip's metadata but it only does 2 clips at a time. this is in 2018 and I can't roll back to previous. I have too many projects from 2018.

I did try to roll back but it messed with dynamic link to AE. Not doing that again.

This is pretty basic stuff guys. Are there only a few people have this problem or do people not use the feature that much. I can't imagine the latter.

please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2018 Feb 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news on this? Needs to be solved asap! Very annoying.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news Adobe?? In Dec, you said this was a priority. 3 months later we've still got the same problem. So annoying. Wish I hadn't installed the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay, it will be fixed in our upcoming release.

-Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. It's now fixed and flowing nicely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines