• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Files will not Sync to Onedrive

Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See attached picture that shows all my Adobe product files that will not sync to my onedrive folders.  This has been happening for several weeks now and have not been able to figure it out.

I thought there might be a conflict between onedrive and the adobe cloud so I have the Adobe cloud paused but with the new update can not turn it off, or disable it.

Anyone else have this issue and have a resolution?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upload from a local drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is trying to upload from a local drive. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone else have this issue and have a resolution?

By @TheDoubleD

Adobes cloud solution has nothing to do with OneDrive, so it´s not Adobes cloud sync that is the issue. They can both coexist. There may be issues if you try to sync the very same folders at the same time.

I had a similar issue with OneDrive, iow that it never finished to sync, and the solution for me was to uninstall OneDrive and then download the OneDrive installer from Microsoft and re-install it. This solved the issue for me. This will start OneDrive fresh, so if you have configured it such as moving the OneDrive folder from it´s default location you have to set it up again.

Click on the three dots to show Uninstall.

OneDrive and other sync solutions has caused issues with Premiere Pro, so the general advise is to have all your files in a folder that is not constantly monitored by the sync software. I use OneDrive but do only drop copies of the project file from time to time into one of my OneDrive folders.

Averdahl_0-1669414580843.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still an issue.  I uninstalled OneDrive as you directed and reinstalled.  One drive worked good after that but no real adobe files were uploading.  Now I am back into making a video and here I am again with Adobe PDF and Premier files not syncing and clogging up the onedrive sync.  This is obviously an Adobe issue. I had to move all the backup saves offline so they wouldnt clog it up, and the main project file still wont sync.  This wont even clear when I manually upload the files, which is what I have to do to get everything else Adobe to sync up and be on both local and cloud.  
I need Adobe to recognize this issue and clean it up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use OneDrive to backup files if you want. But do it manually.

Do NOT work in Premiere with media in a folder that OneDrive has access to, as it will constantly be checking in on file headers to see if something has changed and is needing syncing. That operation screws up the connection between Premiere and the files on disc. There have been a ton of issues with that service.

DropBox and WeTransfer can also do similar behaviors which cause issues. As they check the files every few minutes, they actually physically change settings in the file header to tell them if it's been backed up since changes. And those changes screw up Premiere Pro and actually several other video post apps.

I work with a partner in Cape Town SA, I'm in Oregon. Our shared projects and their media live on an S3 server in London, and we use LucidLink as the 'transport' service. We actually don't store most of our projects on the local, the 'virtual drive' L-L sets up seems a proper local drive for Premiere.

L-L is used by many professional remote users with Premiere. It of course does cost some.

Adobe has the Team Projects mode, where the project file lives on their cloud, but the media files should be local.

It may not be what you wanted to hear, but it's the practical reality.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the input and yes, not what I wanted to hear.  All I know is that i have been making videos on Premier and using onedrive for years, and this issue only started with the updates in 2022.  I save locally and it should just sync up when its saved/changed.  IMO, its simple but Adobe has to make it difficult.

I'll work within Adobe constraints and appreciate your input. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What people have had for experience with say OneDrive varies widely. The app can be set differently, and depending on the state of Outer Mogavia and whether it's Tuesday on Titan or something ... one person works ok for quite a while.

My 'new' computer had OneDrive setup as a default thing on installing Windows. It had taken over all "User" folders, moved them into its own folder, and I couldn't get any preferences to stick. Couldn't sync my keyboard shorts or workspaces ... nothing.

Because OneDrive wouldn't let any Adobe app write anything to those folders. No matter whether they were given Admin permissions, or I reset folder permissions, nothing. Even a couple of Registry changes ... didn't work.

OneDrive simply rewrote the permission when it started the next 15 minute cycle. I could NOT function at fricking all.

And it took THREE days to fully kill OneDrive. I removed it multiple times, various methods, and when on reboot it was back, I was out on the net looking for another way to kill it. As I said ... three days of that.

And for some reason I'm not a huge fan of OneDrive ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There was a Windows 10 update that caused a number of One Drive issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines