• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Media Encoder creates frame blending issues when using H.265 but works fine with H.264

Engaged ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just noticed when encoding a 23.976 video in Adobe Media Encoder using H.265 HEVC (Match Source High Bitrate preset), the resulting video has extra blended frames. If I export the encode using H.264 AVC (Match Source High Bitrate preset) it looks normal. Here's the comparison:

H265.png

Above is a screenshot of the the H.265 version that Media Encoed messed up.

H264.png

And above is a screenshot of the H.264 version that encoded properly.

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so you've adjusted the speed on this clip?  You might try optical flow and see if that helps.  Also, you could try smart rendering:  change your preview format in your sequence settings to a high quality all i frame format like prores 422hq, render your entire sequence (or at least your problematic clips in the timeline) and then when exporting, make sure "use previews" is checked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply but maybe you misunderstook the question... it works fine with H.264 so why wouldn't H.265 work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the way 265 compresses and decompresses the frames is different from the way 264 does.   Certainly worth a quick test if Carlos' suggestion doesn't solve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also, you might try smart rendering.  setting your preview format in your sequence settings to a high quality all-iframe format like prores 422 hq, render the problematic clips and if they playback fine from the timeline, when you export "use previews."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try to switch renderers inside Media Encoder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Adobe media encoder, you can choose if you're going to use frame blending or frame sampling. h.264 has frame sampling as default, and HEVC has frame blending as default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

but unless I'm wrong (it happens), if you're exporting with the same frame rate as your camera original and sequence, there shouldn't be any frame blending or frame sampling... Each frame is discreet...   If I'm wrong or have missed something in the thread, let me know...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines