Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premier Pro 2022 Hardware encoding not available

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone.

I would like to use the Hardware encoding but I do not seem to be able to.

What is weird is the option seem to be activated.

I updated my gpu drivers and restarted my computer.

Any idea on how to solve it ?

Thank you

2022-11-20_22h30_45.png2022-11-20_22h31_04.png2022-11-20_22h31_25.png

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

I am very disappointed to tell you this, but that GT 1030 does not have a hardware encoder at all! Therefore, you are permanently stuck with software-only encoding until you upgrade the graphics card to something better.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not all export settings support Hardware Encoding. 

Please post screenshots showing all export settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, are these enough ?

2022-11-21_15h08_38.png2022-11-21_15h08_49.png2022-11-21_15h09_09.png2022-11-21_15h09_45.png2022-11-21_15h10_01.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, "hardware encoding" for H.264/5 is totally dependent on your CPU or mobo having the right bits for that work, not all do. You didn't post your computer specs, so we can't tell if yours does or not.

Second, NO application can do two-pass H.264/5 encoding as a "hardware" encode ... period. Because that is dependent on your CPU analyzing the sequene/section to be encoded ... the first pass. The second pass is the actual encoding.

So between the two, as Peru Bob notes ... we can't tell if you're having an actual problem or if this is just reality.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using a NVDIA Geforce 1030 and a 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-11600K @ 3.90GHz 3.91 GHz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@RjL190365 might have a suggestion or comment.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very disappointed to tell you this, but that GT 1030 does not have a hardware encoder at all! Therefore, you are permanently stuck with software-only encoding until you upgrade the graphics card to something better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks RJL ... as always!

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is correct. The GT 1030 uses a GP108 chip that does not have a built-in hardware decoder or encoder at all. And in this case, like all GP108-based GPUs, NVDEC and NVENC is completely absent from the chip. There's absolutely nothing (decoder and encoder-wise) at all to disable. These features simply never existed in that GP108 chip in the first place.

EDIT/CORRECTION: The GT 1030 desktop GPU does have NVDEC but no NVENC. It is the only GP108 chip-based GPU that left the hardware H.264/HEVC decoder enabled. In other words, the GT 1030 has hardware decoding but not hardware encoding support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines