• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere freezes entire computer, requiring hard restart

Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!  I don't know if other people are experiencing this problem but I've read of similar events with others.  Here's my issue.

Haven't been using Premiere for long, more intensively over the past few days.  What I experience is, no matter really the file or resolution with which I am working, at a random moment, be it closing the program, opening a dialog box, choosing an effect (not these specifically, it can be anything at that particular moment) after working for an inordinate amount of time, the whole program, including my complete system, freezes.  This includes movement of the mouse.  I have to restart the computer completely using the power button each time.  Not sure again if others are experiencing this problem but I'd be interested to know.

Specs:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x

NVIDIA RTX 2070 Super

16 GB (2x8 GSkill Ripjaws)

ASRock B450m a/c

Corsair 650~w power supply

M.2 and a Sata SSD

Would love to hear your input.  Thanks!

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2023 May 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

game drivers do not play well with Premiere.  Load the studio driver...   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2023 Jul 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been happening to me since I bought my pc.. Crashing and freezing my pc at least 5/6 times in an hour while working in Premiere. It's been almost 2 years now. 
I have RTX 3080Ti, 64GB of RAM, i9 11900K, Water cooling, all fans working, and temperature good, I checked task manager while working, and it literally freezes while all components are barely working, like GPU on 20% and average temp..

Adobe keeps saying check the drivers, check this, check that, but we all know whose fault is this. If my pc only crashes while working in YOUR program, there must be something wrong with your program then. I'm using the latest drives (STUDIO drivers), that Adobe recommends for video editors. And it still CRASHES & FREEZES.

I don't even want to start a conversation about my PC's performance in Premiere Pro, and how badly it is optimized for Windows.. With these specs, literally, a MacBook air worth $1,000 can do better. 

*Just to mention, my pc has been checked several times by professionals and there hasn't been an issue a single time, every component has been tested individually, and replaced with brand new ones for the test, and still the same problem.*

Fix this Adobe, we are not paying money for your programs to be crashing on High-End PCs... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2023 Jul 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

all I can suggest are a few troubleshooting steps to take.  Try creating a new user with admin privileges..  And disconnect from the internet/network..   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines