• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere Pro 2022 is broken (for me) with Neat Video (Popular noise reduction software)

Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So as the title says, I cannot get my Neat Video to work properly with Adobe Premiere Pro 22.1.2. Let me explain.

Yes, Windows is fully updated. Yes, both studio and game ready drivers on my GPU are updated. GPU acceleration with CUDA is enabled in Adobe Premiere Pro, and 26 GB ram is allocated. Neat Video is optimized with the built-in optimizer. GPU appears to be doing work when I open the task manager.

Codec used is H.265 and H.264 (both MP4) from any kind of footage, none of these work. Resolution is 4K and framerate is 60 FPS.

PC specifications: RTX 3070, 32 GB DDR4, i7-11700f, 1 TB SSD.

Neat Video is working properly in the way that it does allow me to do the actual denoising, all settings work and the program itself is not having any problems. However, right from the start when Neat Video is applied to a clip in the sequence the playback becomes almost unresponsive, without pressing play I can move to get different frames in the timeline but not in real time. There's a significant amount of delay when dragged to the position of interest to it actually showing the frame there. When I try to play the clip is plays the following 60 frames somewhat fine and then decides to stop, while the marker is still moving through the clip, it just isn't updating the preview frames at all. When I try to render the clip after I apply the Neat Video profile and its settings, it renders but the playback is as unresponsive as before rendering. When I export render the video it is the same story. It renders a frozen still from the clip, no video or any movement apart from the very few frames (maybe a second) I also saw in the preview.

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might want to contact vendor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My thoughts too. I will be doing that when I get my application into the Neat Video forum accepted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may need to change order of effects, read this article in the "neatvideo blog":  https://blog.neatvideo.com/post/pr-order

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have any other effects applied, so that's not the problem unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, just in case you don't find the solution soon enough, consider using alternative denoiser. Nearly as good as NV, free, and it don't need GPU at all. Here: Free Video Denoiser. How to reduce video noise, remove grain, HQ noise reduction, tutorial - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Having the same probleme on my macbook pro m1max and seems like a compatibility issue withe premiere pro. I have the same plugin on FCP and AE and it work fine there.

So my work around in premiere pro is to send the clip in after effects using dinamic link and then payback or render the dynamiclink clip in premiere pro = it play and render smothlessly. Not ideal if you have many shoot to denoise but that the best work around I found so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines