• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere Pro doesn't show audio with imported video mp4 file

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was working on Premiere Pro and all my files were coming in fine with the audio then suddenly when I imported more files the audio stopped coming in with the video. I don't understand what happened, The audio in the video works fine when I open it in something like Windows Media Player but it won't show audio in Premiere Pro.

I cleaned the cache and made sure all the audio source patching button was on but still nothing, Has anyone had this problem and how did you solve it

Below are some snaps of whats on my screen.

Capture1.PNGImported files says it has audio with it.

Capture2.PNGBut this is what the audio looks like

Capture.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Just updated and had the same issue. I followed step 1 which is deleting all cache and peak files. Then I had to make all the MP4s offline. I relinked them and the audio showed up. Had to edit the audio back in manually but it seemed to fix the problem for me. I should know better by now not to update Adobe for at least a week. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the source of the .mp4 files? If a video camera, the best solution is to copy entire contents of SD card to hard drive (in a new folder), then import in Premiere using Media Browser, not File > Import.

Most video cameras have some sort of folder structure on the SD card and there can be metadata inside those folders that help Premiere to identify and properly work with your particular media. If you are copying and importing ONLY the .mp4 clip itself into Premiere, without other supporting files, that could be the issue.

You may need to start a New Project,or at least rename current media folder on drive (with Premiere closed) before re-importing clips, or Premiere may continue to use/reference first set of clips and issue continues then.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera

Safe Harbor Computers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this issue before and cleaning the media cache didn't work; I had to rename and move my media cache folders.

FAQ: MP4, MOV, AVCHD files import without audio in Premiere Pro CC (2015.3) and CC 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is not solved by following the steps above for me. MP4 video imports with no audio...I NEED this fixed and cannot find any information on it...PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated and had the same issue. I followed step 1 which is deleting all cache and peak files. Then I had to make all the MP4s offline. I relinked them and the audio showed up. Had to edit the audio back in manually but it seemed to fix the problem for me. I should know better by now not to update Adobe for at least a week. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Premiere's clearing of the cache and moving of the cache didn't work for me. I had to manually find the files on my hard drive and delete them all. Only once I deleted all the cache files did Premiere reconnect files with audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the guidance. My .pek files were saving on the external drive where my original .mts files were. Once it worked once, it wouldn't work again. I had to delete the .pek files and it then imported fine. Wondering if the .pek should be saved on my computer and whether configuring it that way will help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines