• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere Pro screen turning all Red (2016 Macbook Pro)

Explorer ,
Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Adobe Premiere for ages and have never had any problems with it. Of course, sometimes when rendering you feel like your computer is about to take off, but that's about it. However, I recently got a new Macbook Pro (late 2016 model) and things are getting nasty. I'm not blaming Adobe at all, but I'm hoping to get some advice here.

So the first time I was working in Adobe Premiere on the new machine I tried exporting a project to MP4. The first time Premiere froze. Second time, the same thing happened. The third time, the screen went all red, but mostly green.

Now I must say, this was a project I had transferred from my old Macbook, and I read some people had the same problem with working on project that were originally made on an older Apple machine. Since then I've updated to MacOS 10.12.2 and have created a NEW project in Premiere (no old files were used). And while working on this project (a review on this new Macbook, how ironic) the following happened. Screen went all red. Could only get out of it by restarting the computer.

Any help (throwing the Macbook out of my window is not an option)?

MACBOOK PRO LATE 2016 - Graphic Card Issue? - YouTube

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

The issue has been fixed by the macOS (10.12.3) update.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kevinc,

We're aware of this issue and are working on a fix.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rameez,

Thanks a lot for your reply. So the problem is software related?

Again, not trying to blame anyone here, but if Adobe is working on a fix that works around hardware problems the new Macbook has, I could still return my Macbook and use my Adobe CC on another platform. I want to make the right choice here, just to avoid future problems I might get with it.

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2016 Dec 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same for me I need an answer I been using adobe forever never had this problem I return my Mac 3 times and its all the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 30, 2016 Dec 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey kevinc and chrisk,

We're investigating if this is software related or hardware related. Adobe is shut down for Winter Break, so, we should have an update for our users in the next few days (hopefully).

I'd advice you to wait until we come up with some sort of conclusion.

Thanks for your patience!

Happy New Year!

Ramee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any update on this? are you still on winter break?? This same problem is happening on two new late-2016 MacBook Pros at my company now, it's getting really very frustrating. And yes, they're clean installs, all updated to the latest everything etc. etc.  We sent one back to apple and had to wait 4 weeks for a replacement and it's happening again.  Please update what is happening with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The issue has been fixed by the macOS (10.12.3) update.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines