• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere Program monitor bug - video preview corrupts at zoom levels over 100%

Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing a bug with the Program monitor in Adobe Premiere - at zoom levels above 100% the preview corrupts into a strippey scrambled image. This happens with all the clips in the project and has persised accross restarts of both the program and the computer. I'm using a 16" MacbookPro with 64Mb of RAM + 8GB of video RAM. Please see attached screen shots to clarify the issue.Zoom level on right is  150%Zoom level on right is 150%Both zoom levels set to 150%Both zoom levels set to 150%200% and 150% zoom levels200% and 150% zoom levelsBoth zoom levels at 200%Both zoom levels at 200%Both zoom levels at 100%Both zoom levels at 100%

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to the Premiere Pro forum from Get Started

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where was this moved to? I can't find it in the above forum. Please provide a direct link, thanks! I'm having the same issue. Not what id expect from a $5,000 machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turning GPU accelleration is a good temporary fix. Not sure how much of an impact it will have on performance, but I suspect it will hold most people over until an update comes out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! i have the same problem on my newly purchased macbook pro 2019 - i have never had this issue on my previous macbook 2018. what is the solution for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I'm having the exact same issue with the same model Macbook. 

Don't suppose you're also using a GH5? Trying to work out if it's the camera format or Premiere or both together? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe have told me this is a progamming bug which is being worked on - in the meantime you can fix the issue by going to File>Project settings>General and changing Mercury Playback engine to 'Software only'. Adobe said they would fix this in a future update. Hope that helps others out there whist we wait for an update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah that's brilliant, thank you very much for the reply, much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe have told me this is a progamming bug which is being worked on - in the meantime you can fix the issue by going to File>Project settings>General and changing Mercury Playback engine to 'Software only'. Adobe said they would fix this in a future update. Hope that helps others out there whist we wait for an update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes having the exact same issue on my maxed out 16" MBP, super annoying ! At first thought it was the camera but it isn't. Does it as much on the A7III clips as on the RED Monstro's, impossible to check critical focus, and using software acceleration is kind of not an option with RED footage.

Always annoying when you buy a new Mac you are forced with their latest OS which is never the best option paired with the CC apps. I always like to run at least one year behind OS updates.

Anway, glad to see I'm not alone with this, hoping it gets fixed ASAP !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines