Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe QT 32 Server is Not Responding in Premiere CC

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2013 Nov 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

My Adobe QT 32 Server is Not Responding in Premiere CC when I export.

Export then takes forever and the CPU goes to about 99 %.

Is does this both in Premiere CC and Media Encoder CC

Anyone with a solusion?

I run OSX 10.9 and have Premiere CC 7.1.0 (141)

3,33 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon

16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Regards

Thomas

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 21, 2013 Nov 21, 2013

Hey,

I reinstallet all my Adobe programes and the problem is now gone 🙂

Regards

Thomas

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2013 Dec 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Vinay,

my products are activated and registrated and everything. You want to make me to uninstall an reinstall all of my apps now?!

Listen: meanwhile I have another problem: Application manager crashes whe Itry to open After Effects.

To keep you up-to-date what happened meanwhile: I reinstalled QT7 all the codec packs and in the end Final Cut Pro (hoping it will come with teh missing components). After having done all of that (and the sources did still not import) I realized that I have to reconnect all the media manually piece by piece. Now I can go on editing this project: Halleluja!

But: I can't export again (see all this thread)!

ON TOP I have this application manager problem (and by the way Google Chrome also crashes since then, but only when I want to browse Adobe Websites (this is not a joke!))

So what to do? And don't tell me that the next step is to buy a new machine.

Best, Tobias

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2014 Mar 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any real solution to this issue. My latest research into this is that Apple's FCPX 10.1 is causing the issue and that it must be de-installed. This is not good to hear/read about. Surely Adobe can QA their code with FCPX being active to find out if there's a conflict between their software and Apples, rather than letting the poor user discover this.

Here's what my recent research turned up... http://blog.gekjr.com/did-fcpx-101-update-break-prem-408485356-s0.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2014 Mar 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just what is Adobe QT32 Server used for or good for ? It seems to me that if I Quit it using Activity Monitor it does go away and does not relaunch itself. After doing this I see no ill affects using the Adobe software. Given this, the Adobe QT32 Server appears to me as being superfluous (not needed) by my use of Adobe software... in which case I don't care about Adobe QT32 Server (Not Responding) other than it's consuming or holding onto a small amount of memory(RAM). Am I correct about all of this ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2014 Jun 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still waiting for a decent answer to this question too. I just opened a time lapse project that I have been working on for 2 years and all of my bins are gone. The audio files are gone. WTF? Is this what I can expect every time an update comes down from the CLOD? Someone that knows something other than a traditional Microsoft reboot your machine / reinstall software BS answer needs to come up with a solution for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

....everyone liking the paid subscription model now ?????...........GOOD TIMES !!!....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love the paid subscription (for others)... It gives me a price advantage over competitors, who pay the subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not helpful, gentlemen. If you have nothing helpful to contribute, please don't post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2014 Jul 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

whats your helpful solution to this issue Kevin?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

Mike6158 wrote:

I'm still waiting for a decent answer to this question too. I just opened a time lapse project that I have been working on for 2 years and all of my bins are gone. The audio files are gone. WTF? Is this what I can expect every time an update comes down from the CLOD? Someone that knows something other than a traditional Microsoft reboot your machine / reinstall software BS answer needs to come up with a solution for this.

Sorry to hear that. Have you checked your Auto Save folder for a working backup?

Why do you think the QT32 Server error caused your bins and audio files to go MIA? If you have an issue not related to this problem, feel free to create your own post.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post #19

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2014 Jun 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey all,

for my situation, to boile it down:

after effects was freezing, choking on the QT32 app/service.

cleaned out prefs/cache-> no help.

but another user on same machine worked fine.

cleaned out codecs in user's folder, then it worked fine too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2014 Jun 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to have a similar problem as well.  For me, queing the export to AME didn't hang PPro, but did hang the media encoder.  I'm running AME 8.0.0.173 (a long set of numbers I had to remember because the splash screen doesn't let me scrape the numbers off it).

My mac is a mid 2012, dual six-core:

Model Name:    Mac Pro

Model Identifier:    MacPro5,1

Processor Name:    6-Core Intel Xeon

Processor Speed:    3.06 GHz

Number of Processors:    2

Total Number of Cores:    12

L2 Cache (per Core):    256 KB

L3 Cache (per Processor):    12 MB

Memory:    128 GB

Processor Interconnect Speed:    6.4 GT/s

Boot ROM Version:    MP51.007F.B03

SMC Version (system):    1.39f11

SMC Version (processor tray):    1.39f11

A pair of Adobe QT32 Server processes are just hung.  AME said that OpenCL and CUDA were not certified on this system, so it's running the software version of the Mercury Engine.  The media I'm dealing with are mostly R3D files.  Meanwhile, PPro is happily generating peak files in the background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2014 Jul 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issues hear and now CC2014 crashes every time i exit a program

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 31, 2014 Jul 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, just wanted to add to this thread to mention that on my system I tracked the QTServer issue down to the Avid codecs, specifically:

AvidAVdnCodec.component

AvidAVinCodec.component

AvidAVrpCodec.component

Moving those to a different folder and re-launching Premiere works. All the other codecs seem fine. I use Media Composer and Premiere depending on the project, and I am pretty sure the AvidAVdnCodec is the crucial DNX codec, so it is a bit frustrating but I'll post on the Avid forums as well to see if there is any fix with the codecs. Could unfortunately turn into one of those finger-pointing situations, but in the meantime I'm either swapping the problem codecs out with an automator script or just living with the stickiness in Premiere when I need to use DNxHD.

I am on Avid MC 7, OS X 10.9.1 - I am not aware of any updates to the Codecs in 8.1 that might clear this issue up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2014 Jul 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi PPohio,

Thanks for reporting back.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2014 Sep 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Media Composer 8.1 and the problem is still not fixed with the codecs.  I have a question though when you deleted the Avid Component Files did it cause any problems with Avid or exporting to QT ProRes files?  I need to be able to export ProRes files for Client Reviews until I lock picture so I don't want there to be any problems.  Any information would be helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My solution has been to move the Avid codecs to a subfolder when I don't need them (either not cutting in Avid or not using the DNxHD codecs on that project). It isn't a great solution but it is the only thing that is working at the moment.

I just made a subfolder inside HD/Library/QuickTime called "Avid Codecs" and slip them in there when they're not in use. That keeps Adobe QT32 from crashing on my system in both CC and CC14. Then when I need them for Avid I move them back. I haven't had any conflicts/issues with ProRes while those codecs are stashed in the subfolder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Makes sense, but aside from doing that do I need the Avid Component files in the QT folder in order for Media Composer to work?  Because it seems to me that the only reason they would be in the QT folder is for Quicktime playback (in the QT player), or exporting a QT ref file with one of those components.  Where as I use an MXF container when I'm working in Media Composer, so unless I needed a QT Container (outside of ProRes) I would never have a need for those components.  Is that correct?  This isn't to say I won't back them up somewhere, but if I never use them what's the purpose?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're spot on - you only need those Avid QuickTime components when you want to access QuickTime wrapped DNxHD files from a QuickTime based app such as Final Cut Pro 7 or MPEG Streamclip.

Media Composer can still export QuickTime references without these components. Surprisingly After Effects can still read these QuickTime references without the components (I assume that's because it can read DNxHD natively). Media Composer runs fine with the components removed.

I keep both the Avid and Blackmagic components in a rudely named folder for safe keeping, but I haven't had to restore the components for any reason yet.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards, Chris!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2015 May 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the QT server not working issue but only when using a exporting to a QT file. everything else seems fine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 27, 2015 May 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The PC's have the same problem. The solution on a PC is to turn off Hyper-threading in the BIOS. It reduces the number of available CPU cores by half but solves the failed export problem. As far as the QT 32 server not responding., if this only happens when you close Premiere there is no solution that I know of at the moment. I am still waiting for Adobe to adress the problem.

A 32 bit server on a 64 bit machine... can't be good!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 07, 2014 Aug 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is widespread. Many of us had to resort to export to mp4 format. I have read in different forums that Quicktime will export 720 but not 1080.

Well, that is not entirely true. You see I kind of guessed that the machine was to powerful for quicktime. Sounds stupid doesn't it?

It seems the problems lies in the fact that Quicktime can't work with a high number of processor cores.

I run dual Quad Zeon processors wich give me 32 processor cores. And of course trying to export a Quicktime HD 1080I sequence failed every time.

Now, I read somewhere that if you set Windows 7 to operate on 21 cores or less it should work so I gave it a try. First with 24 cores. Didn't work. Then I tried with 21. Still didn't work. So, I went right down to half the cores (16). And Eureka, I have been using my Quicktime codec to export in full HD 1080i 29,97 format with no problem whatsoever.

the only drawback is of course you are using less than the maximum available processing power and it does slow down renders a bit. But still is for me a very acceptable compromise. And on top of it, I get a lot less "not responding" situations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I run dual Quad Zeon processors wich give me 32 processor cores.

How can 2 (dual) x 4 (quad) = 32 cores? You flunked your math exam.

Now, I read somewhere that if you set Windows 7 to operate on 21 cores or less it should work so I gave it a try. First with 24 cores. Didn't work. Then I tried with 21. Still didn't work. So, I went right down to half the cores (16).

Since you have only 2 x 4 = 8 physical cores and with HT 16 logical cores, that makes sense, but how did you do that in Windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I said Zeon processor it's Xeon processors 2x 16 cores.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And as far as the control over the amount of cores used is something done with administrator rights and it is done through msconfig.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines