Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After effects editable text

Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2018 Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I am using a prefab template, which uses a reflection of the text layers, generated by layer called "REFLECTION" under the layer where the AE text fields are located.

Everything works fine in there, but when i import this comp in Premiere Pro, in the "after effects editable text" portion of effects control, the editable title fields are all duplicated because of the "reflection" layer in after effects. It does not create a problem, otherwise than being overly cluttered in the editable text box.

My question is: is there a way to prevent these useless duplicate fields to show-up in premiere? (i cannot use the padlock on these in after effects, since they are duplicated from the text fields which i want to be able to edit...).

Thanks for any advice.

Pierre D

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

If you are using Ae/Pr cc2017 or cc2018, you can author and export a motion graphic template from After Effects, that will only show you the text layer ou need in Premiere.

You can learn more about creating mogrt in Ae here: Create Motion Graphics templates with Essential Graphics panel

Hope this helps,

Seb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using Ae/Pr cc2017 or cc2018, you can author and export a motion graphic template from After Effects, that will only show you the text layer ou need in Premiere.

You can learn more about creating mogrt in Ae here: Create Motion Graphics templates with Essential Graphics panel

Hope this helps,

Seb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pierre - As yenaphe wrote, making a motion graphics template will solve this as opposed to relying on dymanic link via the comp.

I have a free video tutorial here that you can follow to do this in AE:

And here is how you import .mogrts into Premiere Pro CC:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2018 Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Thanks for your answers.

Master templates works perfectly, but for my needs, it is not suitable since i was working on a uniform template that i have to distribute to colleagues, but my AE template includes one video file that my colleagues will need to replace easily, and sadly, master templates still do not offer that possibility. I imagine that ADOBE is already working on such a feature , similar to FCP/Motion drop-zones, which were VERY useful !

Not complaining here, just wishing for the future.

Thank you for your help !

Pierre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines