• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After update Premiere is disabling other audio\video sources from playing

Explorer ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of the latest update (I think), whenever I run premiere I can't do anything else with my computer. I mean, I can open folders, everything works, but - I can't playback anything else - Spotify won't play in the background, I can't play any Youtube videos, etc. It's a problem because sometimes I want to test soundtracks while editing, sometimes I edit on mute to work with image only and I put some music on, and sometimes while exporting I wanna just pass the time. 

It doesn't seem like a bug, either - it's more like Premiere is taking control of any other output and shushing it. I noticed the Audio Hardware settings have changed dramatically, so that supports the idea that is something half-intentional (I'd say it's an implication of the update rather than something planned. Not a bug per se). Does anyone else have that problem? And how do I fix it?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Fixed it through Chat support. Switching Device Class within Settings > Audio Hardware from ASIO to MME. Seems like a windows-only problem, I'm guessing the latest update switched it so ASIO was the default and that option doesn't play so nice with Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fixed it through Chat support. Switching Device Class within Settings > Audio Hardware from ASIO to MME. Seems like a windows-only problem, I'm guessing the latest update switched it so ASIO was the default and that option doesn't play so nice with Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines