Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All footage + effects folders dissapeared in file explorer

Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I wanted to access some of my raw footage that I was working on in a Premiere Pro project, when I noticed that every folder EXCEPT my premiere pro project file vanished. However, when I am working in premiere pro, I can see all the folders clearly, and all my media can be located. Screenshots are attached. I am working on the newest version of Premiere Pro on Windows 10. Please help.

Thanks. 

Schermafbeelding 2022-07-14 121649.png

Schermafbeelding 2022-07-14 121501.png

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , Import , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know a way to make the folders appear again in my File Explorer? I would really like to access the files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try right-clicking one of the bin clips and select Reveal in Explorer. That may get you to the right place,

Alternatively, you can make one of the bin clips offline and then try to relink it. Pr will tell you where it thinks the file should be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I select Reveal in Explorer, it takes me to the right place with all the footage from that folder, but when I try to navigate around my footage in that same Explorer program, it sends me to the black project folder and acts like there is nothing there anymore. When I select Relink media, it navigates me to an empty project folder again. Any other advice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What you are describing is odd, and I'm not sure I completely understand. Please post a screenshot of what you see when you do the Reveal in Explorer operation and you can see the footage files. Then post a screenshot of what you see when you try to navigate to that location outside of Pr and you can't see the footage files.

It may help to copy the path to the footage files when you can see them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines