• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ALL I WANT IS THE ACCESS UNDERLINE TO BE DISABLED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea how but when ever I press either L-ALT or R-ALT it will underline a single letter in the menus at the top (underline access used for when you don't have a mouse or something to navagiate the sccreen). It is messing with my work flow so much I am considering using other software that is way less expensive and actually allows me to disable features! 

I have this setting disabled in my windows setting and it doesn't do it anywhere else on my computer, ONLY IN ADOBE PRODUCTS! This issue is common across every single device that I use.

Any help with resolving this issue would be greatly apprecitated.

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

By @Certified

The only solution is to create shortcuts that don´t includes the ALT-key. Shift+Alt+L is ok but just Alt+L or Alt+any other letter will trigger this in any Windows application.

Just pressing the ALT-key alone and let go of it trigger this in all apps and it is hard coded into Windows and cannot be disabled. Try it and you will see it. (See the attached image of non-Adobe apps.)

Remap the shortcuts to lets say

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you want to happen when you press those key combinations?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jeff,

I am just looking to disable the feature that underlines access keys. As it always interfears with my workflow and causes me to get quite annoyed.

An example would be if im using alt + mouse scroll to zoom on my time line, I use a hot key for the selector (v) and it opens up my view menu because I had pressed alt without following it up with another input.

It is just very anonnoying to have to keep pressing esc or clicking off the menu.

So what I would like to happen is for just tapping alt to do nothing but there is no key bindings for "underline access keys".

Best,

Connor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Al parecer segun lo que nos cuentas es que tus configuraciones de teclado han sido cambiadas, lo que debes hacer es restaurar la congiguracion de atajos de tecalo a su forma nativa desde el panel de atajos
Borra la opcion personalizad o cambia a alguna prdeterninada:

Salu2

Screenshot at Apr 18 11-16-59.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Harold,

Unfortunatley the solution isn't as simple as that, thank you for the reply though.

I am using the default keyboards for all of my adobe suites software.

Best,

Connor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you've got Windows to ignore the Alt key in any other app, please do tell how!

I've never ever been able to find a way to disable that for Windows ... and I've searched through tons of user forums and such for it.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Neil,

This is only to disable the underline access so hopefully this is what you are looking for.

Go to your windows settings > ease of access > keyboard then scroll down until you see the heading "Change how keyboard shortcuts work" then finally disable "underline access keys".

This is the only thing that I have been able to find online but it does not seem to have any effects that I can see.

Sorry I couldn't be more help,

Connor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By @Certified

The only solution is to create shortcuts that don´t includes the ALT-key. Shift+Alt+L is ok but just Alt+L or Alt+any other letter will trigger this in any Windows application.

Just pressing the ALT-key alone and let go of it trigger this in all apps and it is hard coded into Windows and cannot be disabled. Try it and you will see it. (See the attached image of non-Adobe apps.)

Remap the shortcuts to lets say Shift+L and Shift+R and avoid using the Alt-key in shortcuts such as Alt+L, etc.

Averdahl_0-1650308800408.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Averdahl,

Ahhhhh ok that makes a lot of sense.

My fear was that was the case. Gotta love windows :   ).

Thank you for the reply,

Connor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines