Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All mogrt crashing premiere

Participant ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello:

Any mogrt in the essentials graphics panel is crashing Premiere. Even VERY basic ones I have made in AE. No matter where the mogrt comes form, the ones that come with Premiere or ones I have bought from third party or, again, ones I have made with only the basics in After Effects, will freeze and crash Premiere Pro. Yes, I am importing the mogrt via the essential graphics window. What I have tried:

1. Uninstalled Adobe everything various times
  2. Cleared every cash imaginable 
  3. Uninstalled plugins I have purchased. 

My system specs:

12PointProductions_0-1674575997376.png

THIS IS A HUGE PROBLEM, as like most of us, I am on a deadline and need these to work. Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Kevin

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow! That's ... awful. And as puzzling ...

Have you tried uninstalling with the Adobe CC Cleaner tool? That gets out a lot of stuff in the Registry and other places a typical uninstall doesn't.

And ... @jstrawn  and @DaciaSaenz  ... any help maybe? Ideas?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you use the private message feature to send me one of those very simple Ae mogrts that are crashing for you? You might have to zip it up in order to attach it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, James!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you already tried the usualy things like clearing cache and using the cleaner tool, I have just a couple of toher ideas to try:
(1) Can you apply a Pr mogrt, instead of an Ae mogrt to see if the same things happens. There are many Pr mogrts installed with Pr by default and they have neames like what you see in the screenshot.
Screenshot 2023-02-06 at 9.53.50 AM.png
(2) In PrPro, go to File > Project Settings > Scratch Disks... and change the "Motion Graphics Template Media" folder so someplace else, like in a custom-named folder on your desktop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing is still happening with the premiere mogert.

Tried something new and this might help, I opened up a brand new project and put a bunch of video on the timeline and imported all kinds of mogrts and they work Premier did not freeze. Went back to the project I was working on and tried to import all kinds of mogrts and premiere crashed. Cash has been cleared.

Thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Something in that project file might be corrupted.

Try creating a new project, then from the Media Browser panel in that project, select the old project file and import the sequences from it. Probably one sequence at a time.

Check that it's working normal, then bring in another sequence. As it might be either be a sequence data issue or project data.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines