• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

am I missing extra content in the Library?

New Here ,
May 11, 2012 May 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just purchased the Adobe Complete Collection and this is my first use of Adobe products. Therefore, my apologies in advance if this question is inappropriate. I've tried to search the forums for an answer, but haven't been able to locate a solution.

I downloaded the extra CS6 Premiere Pro and Encore content and installed it onto my iMac. When I look at the Library content now, there are some sample menus in each of the categories (e.g., general, education), but no buttons, images, text, backgrounds, etc. I'm learning to use Encore by viewing the Lynda CS5 tutorials and the presenter says that there should be quite a bit of content. However, nothing shows up when I press the various buttons (other than the menus).

I've reinstalled the download. I've also checked the Library in the finder and only .psd files are shown in the Library sub-folder. I don't see any references to button files, etc.

Can someone please let me know if I've made a mistake somewhere or whether there has been a change in the free Library contents in CS6?

Thanks for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2012 May 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please provide a best estimate date as to the availability of this content?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 15, 2012 May 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not know a date as yet but I think it will be available pretty soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2012 Sep 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shuchi, I have read this forum extensively, done exactly your instructions and I can't get any buttons to show up.  I have Library options, but NO buttons. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not knowing which page you used for the links, I'm not sure which step to point you to.

Having the library show up (with a few templates only) means you got part 1 done.

Go here:

http://helpx.adobe.com/encore/using/download-library-content.html

Have you already donwloaded the file this points you to? If not, just do what it says. If yes, no harm in starting from the beginning here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I’ll try it again. These instructions are a little different than the other ones I had.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are 3 links, and more than a few users have gotten confused by one or both parts. The instructions have changed, and these threads contain a mixture of good and not so good info.

Let us know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amen! That’s a big 10-4! This totally worked and all of my previous irritation and annoyance is gone. Thanks a bunch!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, a fine feeling when something works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2012 Sep 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you point me to another fix? Now I’m trying to burn Bluray and am finding a similar scene as trying to solve this one. I’m making coasters. I get this error 3 towards the end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2012 Sep 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's a whole different matter...

I suggest you start a new thread and include the specific error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2012 Jun 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May 11th:

"Hi,

The complete Encore Functional Content will be available in a few days through a separate download.

Regards,

Neeraj Gupta" - Adobe Employee "

We are on june 22 and there is still no content. I paid for the CS 6 suite and for the content. I need the content for yesterday. That's pretty bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2012 Jun 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No reason to wait. I was conrfused in my last post here, and the full content can be installed.

Go to this link (same as post above).

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/library-functional-content-missing.html

Look down the page for "Additional Solution: Install the Resource Central library content."

Follow the instructions there; all the Encore content will be there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2012 Jul 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys I am still not getting this   I have downloaded the EncoreContentEnglish.zip file, and unziped it to

C:\Program Files\Adobe\ Adobe Encore CS6\library  (I had to make the Library folder)

But I have nothing showing in the Encore CS6 Library tab.  Just the General set.

Today is the first time I have used Encore.  I have CS5 installed, but never used Encore CS5

I have checked Preferences and the Media tab is looking at the right location.

I have read and re-read http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/library-functional-content-missing.html

What have I missed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read the directions under the "Install Resource Central." When you  unzip EncoreContentEnglish, you have a second "zipped" folder (.7z). Step 1 and 2 under that section are both "extracts."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had unzipped it all,, and had 3.9Gb of data in the Library folder,  but Encore was just not seeing it.  I eventually tried changing the folder name, and pointed to the new name in Preferences, and it worked straight away!  Go figure...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Congrats!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor,

Good to see that you got it sorted. There seem to be some "glitches" with the folder naming, or at least their linking, with the installer.

Happy authoring,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2012 Sep 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded and extracted the premiere 6 content files however, during installation I get this message that a pending shutdown has been detected and to quit the install.  There is no pending shutdown can anybody help?  Can you help please.  Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2012 Sep 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Restart your computer and try again. I don't believe anyone has reported this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 13, 2012 May 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems the CS6 functional content installer does removes the previous 5.1 FC from the machine(although the path at which CS5.1 and CS6 libraries are installed are different, 5.1 FC is at C:\program files (x86) and 6.0 FC is at C:\Program files)

The solution to this issue would be - copy the cs6 library from C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Encore CS6\Library and place it at another loacation and rename it.

Now uninstall the CS6 Content and reinstall the 5.1 FC using the disc or the downloded FC you have. In this way you will recover back your 5.1 FC and can also use the 6.0 FC by pointing Encore to its location. I tried it and this works.

Alternately, you can use the 5.1 FC for CS6 by pointing the Encore CS6 library to its location.

I would also suggest that if you have the 5.1 functional content already then you can wait for the full downloadable FC because the CS6 provides only a limited set of menus.

And this problem will no longer be faced once the downloadable full version of CS6 FC will be available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2012 May 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you confirm that the full functional content for CS6 will be available very soon?

In the interim, looks like we should back up the CS5.1 library before installing CS6; then copy it back. And point Encore CS6 to the 5.1 location until the FC is available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Import Encore menus and buttons from Encore CS4 to Encore CS6

Copy from:

CS4 Encore Library at C:\Programs Files (x86)\Adobe Encore CS4\Library\Corporate\All psd files

Use Explorer and do not copy over existing files or delete existing files.

Copy to:

CS4 Encore Library at C:\Programs Files\Adobe Encore CS4\Library\Corporate\

Do this for all other folders.

Now they will show up in the Encore library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankful I found this thread. My CS5.5 Library was still intact so I created a new folder in CS6 which didn't have a LIBRARY folder.

I copied and pasted the files from from CS5.5 LIBRARY folder and everything works okay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These workarounds would all be a lot more useful if I owned a previous release of Encore...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines