• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio Ducking Bug

Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got a video with graphc titles between sections, and the music is supposed to come up under each graphic, then duck once the talent comes on screen. I used the Audio Ducking feature to adjust the levels for the music on all those spots - it's supposed to play at one level, then duck down when talent starts . When I export out (both through AME and Pr), randomly the audio stays low under some graphics, raising up just for a second before the talent starts, then going to the level it should be at. 

I've cleared my cache, I've tried exporting to multiple formats...it just keeps happening. Didn't notice this happening before...wondering if 15.4.1 introduced a new bug.

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Do you have the latest premiere pro update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on the most current version of 15.4.1...unless a new version dropped this morning that wasn't beta.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mention that when you export the audio stays low. Are you saying that in your Timeline audio ducks but when you export it doesn't?

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The audio is keyframed to be (let's say) at 0dB while the section title is onscreen, then duck to -15dB once the person on screen starts talking. This was set up using the Auto Ducking feature in Premiere. 

What's actually happening on export is that for some of the section titles, the audio plays at it's ducked dB level (-15), then quickly spikes up to where it should be (0) right before the keyframe to lower it, then returns to the ducked level (-15). And it doesn't do it consistently - export once and it will do it on one or two sections of the video, export again and it will do it on other parts of the video where those keyframes are added.

Removing the effect that Auto Ducking uses to control volume level, and setting the keyframes manually just using the Volume slider seems to have fixed the problem. But something seems off as I've used auto ducking before in numerous places on a timeline without seeing this behavior on export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And just to clarify in the above example, the "audio" that I mention that is being ducked is a music track. Sorry I wasn't more clear on that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see.

Have you tried exporting to differnt formats to check if it's an issue with a specific file format?

Adobe Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another thought, have you tried exporting your sequence through Media Encoder?

Maybe this will fix the bug?

Adobe Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried exporting to different formats, and it still occured. Also, didn't matter if it was AME or direct from Premiere...still happened. I'll check with the latest public drop (V22) and see if it still occurs there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you still having the same problems with the latest versions?

Adobe Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't seem to see it in the latest public realease version, so I'm guessing it got fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Eric!

I see occasional posts from other users about auto-ducking inconsistency on exit, but I've never been able to replicate that. It just works here.

Are you still having troubles?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's worked most of the time without issue, but on the last version I was seeing the odd behavior. But exporting the same project in the latest release version seems to have solved it. Looks like I'm good now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nice to hear. That would be incredibly frustrating.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines