• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio in timeline cuts out randomly

Participant ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having this issue for the past couple updates in Premiere. I just updated to Premiere 2023 and still an issue. Anything higher than HD the audio cuts out randomly on the timeline. The specs match the camera, I've tried emptying the cache, rebooting doesn't help. etc. 

I have a Windows 10 64 bit computer 32 Gig RAM. 

Thoughts?

I noticed on a similar post someone bought a Solid State external hard drive. I might try that next. 

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

I was able to take care of this by discontinuing using the external hard drive altogether. It is not solid state. Instead, I use the PC that is solid state and keep all the footage and editing in one folder. When the video is approved, I will simply backup to the external hard drive and then delete from the local drive. This seems like the most effective editing solution for 4K. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Mitzleplick,

Sorry about the issue. Do you see the issue while previewing, exporting, or both cases? What all types of media do you have on your timeline? Could you share your source media properties (Right-click on media > Properties)? If you're experiencing this issue with your exported file, please share your export settings as well. 

Thanks,

Ishan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I have worked out the audio issue. I tried a new project on the local PC drive which is Solid State and no cutting out. The external drive is not Solid State and I think that was the issue. 

A separate issue I have been having for a few months now is not being able to export or render without crashing. I have to go into Settings and switch to CPU for export and render. I do have a ticket number for this and have gotten calls a couple months ago, but no fix. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see. Could you share your Case id with me? I can look at the case notes and see what all troubleshooting steps were performed. From your description, the issue hints towards GPU diver issues. But I'm sure that they must have installed the latest drivers already. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the Case ID:

Your Adobe Case ADB-24308006-B8F0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me parece que tú mismo has encontrado la solución. Además de que un disco sólido es una buena solución para cualquier tipo de trabajo en donde necesites mucha tasa de transferencia, recuerda siempre conectar por lo menos en un puerto USB 3.0. Si es un Thunderbolt mucho mejor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to take care of this by discontinuing using the external hard drive altogether. It is not solid state. Instead, I use the PC that is solid state and keep all the footage and editing in one folder. When the video is approved, I will simply backup to the external hard drive and then delete from the local drive. This seems like the most effective editing solution for 4K. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2023 Apr 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So frustrating, dealing with this for 4 months. PPro 2023, x64 based PC, Win11, 64GB Ram, 11th Gen Intel, Available memory 55GB, AMD Rx 5700 XT, 2TB internal solid state. I shoot in UHD 29.97 and edit 1080p, 29.97, . I've read every forum, did extensive troubleshooting, cleared cache from C: drive, reset preferences, new project, new timeline, etc., etc.. Audio drops at random. Play the same clip, it'll work, then not. Render entire timeline, it'll play, then not. This needs to fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2023 Apr 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello everyone - could this audio mis-match be the problem?

Source Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 16-bit - Stereo
Project Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 32 bit floating point - Stereo

How do you change 32bit to 16?  thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this exact problem. What finally fixed it for me in the end was to get an external solid state hard drive with Thunderbolt 3 connection. Now the audio problem is gone. I agree. This should be fixed - not sure why my solid state computer won't play the audio correctly. But, as I said this particular fix worked for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2023 Apr 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Mitzleplick8867
<> :
Thank you very much for your response. Much appreciated. I'll look into
your solution.

If I can get your thoughts on another possibility. Here are my audio
properties.
Source Audio Format: 48000 Hz - Compressed - Stereo
Project Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 32 bit floating point - Stereo

Do you think the difference in Bit Rate is the cause?
I guess I could import media, export .aiff to Audition, change target bit
rate to maybe 16bit?
Will I lose sync? Actually I dont know what works. I'm just scrambling for
answers

What does work for me is to Stop / Play at each drop out. Which only angers
me!!
Davinci is looking better but I dont want to learn new software.

Sorry for venting.
thank you again very much.
Lyman Medeiros
Program Director

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay. I was on Spring Break vacation. I'm uncertain about the difference in bit. You have both formats at 48000 Hz. That would be the main thing. But I do share your frustration with the audio drop out. When we started working with 4K files, that is when my issues started. The first fix I did was to make an audio only sequence on the timeline. Then, I exported that as an MP3. Finally, import the MP3 into the timeline and get rid of the problem audio. That was a workaround for a while. The best solution though was to make the upgrade I suggested in my previous post with external SSD drive and Thunderbolt 3 cable. No more workaround. 

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I appreciate your comments.

In terms of your audio only sequence, yes for me too however I would do
rough cut, export audio .aiff, then import. 50% improvement. Not worth the
extra workaround.

thank you very much
Lyman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer isn't an appropriate sollution. I've got the same problem since Premiere 2023. I'm editting off a NAS on a 10gbit line. I didn't have this problem on 2022 so it should be here now. I noticed on one project, even though I had only 1 audio track on solo, performance was better when I deleted all muted audio tracks. But now I'm working on a new project where again the audio keeps cutting off. I don't get at all why audio should be cutted off, it's the least high bandwith data. Hope the issue gets addressed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the correct answer I posted, I now have a solid state thunderbolt external drive that I edit my Premiere Projects from. I never have the audio issue now. This seems to have permanently addressed the issue at least for me. I do believe the audio dropping out had something to do with editing higher resolution footage and the specs I had couldn't keep up. Hope this helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding. But the audio is a seperate stream and I have no clue why it wouldn't get priority over the video stream even if it would be a specs issue. Frames dropping is less of an issue than being unable to cut on audio even for a video editing software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me - the Broll portions on my timelines are "A1" onl.y and audio continues to drop out. Ive been fighting with this for 10 months with no sucess. You wont find an answer either. Im in the process of learning DaVinci Resolve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry others are having a constant issue. I'm not sure what else to suggest. In my situation, and maybe it's coincidence, but when I swapped out the external drive everything works as it should. Hopefully, Adobe will have a bug fix for this issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines