• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio out of sync h.264 file. Premiere CS5.5

Engaged ,
Feb 18, 2012 Feb 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After building a new machine with Premiere CS5.5, using NVIDIA Q4000 card, I'm having troubles wioth my audio being out of sync. I am exporting DSLR footage which the same sequence was previously fine on export on my old computer. Now, when I export, the audio is a few frames out of sync. There's something really funny going on. When I play the same video file in Windows media player, it seems to be in sync. When I play it in Quicktime, it's clearly out of sync. Also, when I upload it to Vimeo, it's out of sync as well.

If you'd like to see the specs of my computer, you will find them in this post:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4211881#4211881

When I export the same file to Mpeg DVD, it seems in sync. Does this issue sound familiar to anyone?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Feb 19, 2012 Feb 19, 2012

Refer to the raw footage to compare sound.

Refer to your sequence to make sure that you didn't push the audio out of synch at all.

Delete the media cache from the project and let premiere re-conform the audio.

Post the complete source, sequence and export settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2013 Apr 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.... the only thing I found out is that if I render to MPEG or Blu-ray MPEG that is the only way that it stays in sync? Pisses me off? Adobe should fix this problem it is bullshit. If you find out anything from Adobe let me know?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2013 Apr 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add to this thread. I have the same problem. Using CS6 with all updates on a dedicated desktop media i7.I didnt have this problem in CS5. I made 8 BDs with CS5.No problem. Now If I render with h.264 Blu-ray or h.264 Blu-ray legacy the audio is short by one second every 30 minutes(approx). If i use  MPEG Blu-ray it stays in sync.And its perfect, 30 min or 2 hours. Ive finally given up and just made this BD with mpeg blu ray. Surely Adobe will fix this. I cant tell the difference in video quality. Can someone explain the difference if there is one between H264 BLU RAY AND MPEG BLU RAY?

Thanks Kent

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 16, 2013 Apr 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you also using R3D files, Kent?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2013 Apr 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim and all 9k plus viewers of this thread: Please read this though. Come on Adobe contributers, contribute!

No R3D files, just plane vanilla AVCHD. BUT, I have some good information (as to why I think this out of sync problem is occurring) that may help others. My files are AVCHD 720p

(1280 × 720   16x9 59.94   Progressive ). Put on a timeline that matches in PP CS6. As I stated before (If I export with h.264 Blu-ray or h.264 Blu-ray legacy the audio is short by one second every 30 minutes(approx).Using Preset H.264 HD720p 59.94.(Which should be a match to my footage.)

After many tests with different presets I have found that by exporting from PP CS6 with Preset H.264 HD 1080i 29.97 the video and audio are a PERFECT match.

Now to figure out why. I have discovered what may be the reason. I hope someone with a better understanding of what I am about to explain will expound upon it.

When scrolling down my timeline one frame at a time, every two minutes it loses FOUR frames (or adds 4, not sure of terminology) . Example: 1min:59sec:59frames skips to 2min:00sec:04frames.This repeats EVERY 2 minutes. The only thing I can figure out is that using the interlaced preset takes these four frames into account, and the files then match.

Ok lets have some discussion and maybe some clarity on what's happening here.(But it works,I guess that's what's important).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 23, 2012 Feb 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

shooternz, the source footage is DSLR. I was told to put into a AVCHD sequence for best results from the people at Blackmagic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 05, 2012 Mar 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you everyone for your reply's. I can't believe how silly I was. You were right. The audio was out of sync! It's just less obvious when playing it back on the timeline. Sorry for wasting everyone's time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 06, 2012 Mar 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doh!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2015 Jun 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same audio problem with H.264 from a Blackmagic Pro recorder. To solve the problem (because I did not have allot of time) I moved to Sony Vegas Pro which never has these problems. Adobe can make a better product but it is almost as bad as Avid when it comes to importing files easily. For now I'm using Vegas to prepare the files for Adobe. I wish Adobe would get their act together and make importing files as easy as Vegas Pro. Then I could import files quickly and have all the editing power of Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines