• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio Out of Sync - Why and How to Correct

Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2012 Jun 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I nested two 90 minute clips from 2 separate cameras which were both shot in AVCHD. I am using Premiere CS 5.5 . As a former FCP editor, whenever audio went out of sync, a message in FCP came up immediately and told you the audio was out of sync and it was an easy fix. How come Premiere is minus such an important feature?

I shoot stage productions where there may be music but no dialogue so chercking sync becomes rather difficult. After finishing a 2 hour video, I found the audio was out of sync in the nested sequences. Is there any way to auto resync the audio automatically?

Seems to me that Premiere Pro is a sub Pro App if simple audio sync is so hard to maintain in nested sequences. Makes nesting a sequence a waste of time if you have to redo the edit as a reslut of audio out of sync.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2013 Jul 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weird coincidence? When I opened Premiere Pro CS6.0.3 today a notice of an update to the Event Manager or something like that popped up and I updated, I opened a same project  that I was working on a week ago that I was having no issues with. Using the media browser, I double clicked on a XDCAM video file. The video was seen in the sorce monitor. The video played OK but the audio was out of synch and skipping ahead. Normally I make a I/O selection in the source monitor and drag it to the timeline. Doing this imports it into the project. I rebooted, No Luck. I deleted the problem files on my RAID and transferred the same files back to the RAID from the archive, No Luck. I was investigating my settings and found what I think was the problem at least it solved it for now. The settings found under Edit / Preferences / Media / Media Cache Files and Media cache Database were set to my C: system drive. I switched the settings to the folded I'm using on my RAID and Premiere asked if I wanted to transfer my cache files to the new location, I selected yes. This almost solved the problem. First the Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 program stopped working. The message popped up titled: Premiere Pro Debug Event with the message Premiere Pro has encountered an error  [..\..\Src\FileCache.cpp-1027] at the bottom of the popup window was a button labeled Continue clicking it another popup Save Project the My computer froze crashed and I had to manually push the power button until it turned off. Upon rebooting and loading PP I ran SpyBot just incase some malware had affected my system. There were 16 items found by Spybot that I deleted.  I checked my Preferences and they were correct. I opened the media browser and selected the same clip that was out of synch then a message I'd never seen before popped up saying the video was being imported. After a few seconds to import, the video and audio played in synch. Making an I/O selection and dragging to the timeline worked. I just wasted 4 hours trouble shooting this hope it helps someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunatley for multicam and very complex productions, Premiere Pro is simply not usable. With many video angles, there are audio gaps or no audio.
Depending on the setting of the sequence and with "audio follow video" activated, you will get the "out of sync" indicator, but if both audio and video have been shift, there is no indication.
For a classical music production, you have to split and then with the "Rate strech" tool, to reduce or expand the video event with match the edited audio. But after reducing the event the frame indicator is droping frames. There is also no possibilities to verify the succession of the frames on the timelines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines