• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AUDIO OUT OF SYNC with video on EXPORT from MEDIA ENCODER with my new MAC MINI w/ M1 CHIP

Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought a Mac mini 8gb with OS Big Sur installed. I have not been able to edit an hour and a half sequence since. I am running Creative cloud with native support for the m1 chip. The audio is very out of sync with the video.

I have uploaded the file to youtube to see if it was a playback issue. But, the out of sync travels with it all the way.

I concluded the 8gb mac mini m1 was just under powered, replaced it with the 16gb mac mini m1. Same problem. I never had this problem on my 2012 machine. I don't have enough context to know if this is a compatability issue between Adobe, Apple m1, Big sur.

None of my footage is variable frame rate (which was never a problem on the old system for me anyway). Audio sample rates are same with footage and external audio clip.  

I do see a lot of current posts on this issue of exported audio out of sync with video. I'm just wondering if it is and m1 chip scenario, and I've seen no mention of that being a possible cause. Thanks for any help from anyone!

Cullen 

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cullen,

We're sorry to hear about this. Please let us know your export settings & the source of the media files. Have you tried using other export formats like QuickTime > Apple ProRes & checked if it's working properly? Also, have you tried importing the exported media in Premiere Pro & checked if it's playing properly?

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2021 Aug 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Thank you for your reply. I did not reply to you immediately because
I thought the problem had been resolved. But, it appears it has not. I was
working simultaneously with Apple and with you (Adobe). I was working with
Apple because I was also having different issues with final cut pro and
thought it must be rooted in the M1 chip. Apple told me to reinstall most
current OS and that would cure it. I actually did immediately have a
successful render of a long sequence (1 and 1/2 hour sequence). So, I
thought I was done. I just rendered another long edit and no success.
Footage is xavc from a sony z-90. It plays back in sync with audio from
external source in the timeline perfectly. But, when rendered, it is out of
sync. I have tried quicktime and prores before I reinstalled most current
OS. I am currently trying that now though the render takes hours for that.
I do not recall that helping. What I need is a format I can upload to
youtube and vimeo. And so I do the h.264 settings that are automatically
selected when I select h.264...as I have for years with no problems. This
is absolutely connected to the purchase of the new mac with m1 (16gb)

My creative cloud apps are up to date.

I apply some light lumetri effects and this certainly negatively affects
playback in premiere sequence.

My sound source settings match the sequence(48,000 Hz).

Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same setup and experience exactly the same issue as described above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello! I did eventually solve my problem. To get to it straight away, as other posts have concluded but I didn’t believe...it’s a QuickTime playback glitch, not a rendered from premiere glitch. I downloaded VLC player(safe and free/donation) and VLC plays it back normal. In my post I said that the out of sync traveled all the way to a YouTube upload...I can’t remember if that is true or if I was just blinded by frustration. I really think it was multiple things. Having bought the Mac mini M1 new, I just assumed it had a current OS. But it didn’t. I was also in the transition  time when Adobe was working on making premiere tonwork natively with the M1 chip. 

So:

-download most current OS for Mac mini

-update premiere and encoder to most current version. 

-just know that QuickTime is going to give you grief, download VLC player and use that for playback. 

Im glad I ended up with the 16gb Mac mini. I still think the 8gb is under powered. But, everything works beautifully now. It will for you too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines