• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio waveforms disappear after being nested

Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to nest an audio file on a timeline, waveforms disappear completely or only some parts of it disappear, and generally it becomes very "buggy" and difficult to work with.

(I have attached a demonstration video of the issue)

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Error or problem , Formats , Freeze or hang , Import , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

15.2 and previous versions have an issue with nested audio, which causes strange behavior: delete from timeline or disable Show Audio Waveform.

Fixed in 15.4.

or render audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer. I am on the latest version on Premiere Pro (15.4) now and the problem still exists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I want to merge clips with audio, which have been previously trimmed using a razor tool, via a nested sequence, the audio waveform of the nested sequence starts behaving very strange (some parts of it may disappear, or waveform doesn't show up at all).

I am on the newest version on Premiere Pro now, and the problem still exists. Is there a solution to this issue?

Thanks.

(the video showing the problem is attached to this post)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Few things you can do:

Trash Preferences.

Delete media cache

Make new project, import old one.

Make sure Default Input in the Audio Hardware in the Preferences is set to No Input.

Reset workspace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried Sequence > Render audio from the menu?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still an issue in v 24.1, super annoying

My audio, it is only affecting one out of three audio clips, waveform still exists, but later in the timeline

Tried all below suggestions with no luck, guess I'm editing blind

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @caityCat24 

I read your message. Sorry to hear that you're experiencing this problem. It sounds super annoying. Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout can work. If not, can we have your system configuration information? Knowing your CPU/GPU/RAM/HD setup would be helpful. Please also let us know more details about the files you are editing (frame size, frame rate, audio sample rate, etc.). I hope the community can assist.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines