• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto Scale To Frame Size does not respect disabeling it in preferences (since changed to dropdown, PrPro CC 17.1 11.1.0 (222) Build))

Explorer ,
May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the preferences page for Auto Scale to Frame Size was changed from the single check box to the drop down, now including the recently added Set To Frame Size, when set to none, it still does auto scale to frame size.

@adobe: Is this a known bug?

@Nature man: can you reproduce this?

Any workaround other than manually selecting all clips after droping them in a timeline and unchecking scale to frame size?

Please note, I was droping 16:9 footage into a RED wide (2.37:1) sequence, in case the bug is limited to certain cases. I didn't test this further.

I did however save preferences and restart Pr and while it was still saying 'none' in preferences, it still did the auto scaling.

Cheers

Andi

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting the preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once you make the preference change, that change (I believe) will only impact any sequences created after that change. If you have an existing sequence and change the setting, I believe that sequence maintains that status of the setting at the time of origination.

I've done some quick tests on my system and that seems to be the behavior.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great finding MtD!

This isn't the intended way of working though, is it?

Global preferences should be global, right? It should not matter when a sequence was created imho.

Adobe, will you fix this please? Thanks!

Cheers,

Andi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lyrgh  wrote

This isn't the intended way of working though, is it?

Not sure. Certainly is consistent with other preference settings that are not retroactive when changed.

Best to file a feature request:

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Changing Default media scale will only have effect on newly imported media regardless the sequence settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines