• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto Sequence

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way for PP to automatically create a sequence matching the TC of a bunch of clips and then place in that sequence at the corresponding TC?  Like "Auto-Sequence" in Avid.

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to figure out your question ... so you have a bunch of clips with jammed timecode, you want them to automagically be placed on a timeline (which is the multicam process in Premiere) ... and want the timeline to be the time-code of the clips, right?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Neil,  Let's say I have a bunch of clips.  The first clips TC is 10:14:07:00 and the following clips have TC starting after that.  I want to select all my clips, have PP create a sequence starting with 10:14:07:00 and for PP to place each clip in that sequence were the clip TC and sequence TC match.  It lays them out according to TC.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the clips and sort the clips in the bin by Media Start. Drag the clips to the New Item icon or right click on the clips and choose New Sequence From Clip. This works here.

Averdahl_0-1597184503537.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  That just lays out all the clips back to back in a sequence.  Does not put them at their TC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I missed that part, sorry...

Then the answer is no, you cannot do it automatically. But inside Premiere Pro you can go to Help > Provide Feedback and comminucate your wish to the Premiere Pro team. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wait why is the software called Premiere "Pro" then? Autosequences are the first tool of any legitimate post workflow. Astounding that this has not been added. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the clarification. I don't know of anyway to do that, but ... maybe someone else does ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2023 Jul 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I came back here in 2023 to find an answer to that question and it seems to still have not been made into an option yet.

This is a necessary option to naviage through footage before anything can happen and it would save a lot of time in Editorial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2023 Sep 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Agreed. I've been checking back regularly for this feature which I use in Avid for documentary editing. It's especially helpful in laying down a stringout timeline of dailies for verité scenes, where often Time of Day timecode is used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines