• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Batch rotate videos 90%

Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2018 Jul 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have a client who insist on shooting theirproduct clips Vertically... I rotate them just through the 'motion' tab or with a 'transform' effect, but the canvas stays horizontal.. I then manually adjust the Sequence settings... each time for each separate clip on it's own timeline

Because of the high number of clips, all these clicks add up and take so much time. Is there not a way to rotate the actual media file so that the aspect ratio stays correct? If Premiere doesn't offer this, maybe in a separate program like Media Encoder?

Thanks for any input..

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Jul 28, 2018 Jul 28, 2018

What you would do is create a sequence with the correct custom settings, then save the preset.

I added the clips manually or automaticé the sequence, I selected the first clip and in movement> rotation I adjusted 90º, I save the preset, I use the preset or I copy and I paste the adjustments after selecting all the clips in the sequence (Ctrl + A) (Ctrl+V).

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my phone so just from memory, but I think you should be able to select all the clips in a bin, then right-click and there's a way to change things  ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I thought maybe in 'Modify > Interpret Footage' but no options, that I could see, for rotation or aspect ration..

Thanks though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you would do is create a sequence with the correct custom settings, then save the preset.

I added the clips manually or automaticé the sequence, I selected the first clip and in movement> rotation I adjusted 90º, I save the preset, I use the preset or I copy and I paste the adjustments after selecting all the clips in the sequence (Ctrl + A) (Ctrl+V).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing your workflow! Definitely better than what I've been doing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jared_Eaton,

You could copy the rotation value from one clip, select the rest of the clips and choose Edit > Paste Attributes. That's what I usually do.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue and started a feature request. Here it is if you'd like to vote it up. Videos shot vertically on DSLR cameras are recorded as 16:9 ratio. When imported to premiere, they display 90degrees sideways. There needs to be a way to simply batch rotate these videos 90 degrees to 9:16 ratio.

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/40313851-add-90degree-batch...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, I've found the best solution I believe.
put a placeholder clip in the timeline, put Transform effect [ Video Effects > Distort > Transform ] on the video, adjust the rotation to your need, and then save the preset.

then all you gotta do is select all the clips you want to rotate in the bin, and then drag the preset you made onto the clips, voila all master rotated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked much better for me than copy and pasting like juanmario suggested above. You can do it in the bin, and that's much faster!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Juanmario response is from 2018: a lot has changed since.

It's called the source clip effect (former master clip effect).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines