• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Beginner Syncing Sound Question in Premiere Pro

Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the fun task of syncing sound for a project I'm editing.

The sound recorder left a log so I know what track he put everything on.  He recorded in Poly.

Track 1 is the mix track L

Track 2 is the mix track R

Track 3-6 are characters/booms.

When I put these clips in Adobe Premiere, I'm a little confused.  I know I only need the mix tracks to edit.  But if put the mix track L in track 1, I see two channels of audio in the levels.  And it plays out of both speakers.  I put mix track R in track two and I see the same thing. 

What's the proper procedure for doing this? I feel like I'm missing something since I have two tracks of "stereo?" audio even though one is supposed to be L and one is supposed to R?

I hope I explained that correctly.  I don't want to sync anything before I know I'm doing it correctly.

Looking forward to any insight/help.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to use Audio Effect> Fill from Left to Right on one Track ...and Fill Right to Left on the other

or you cold Map the Source to do the same.  Modify >Audio...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great, I will try that. 

Is there also a way to put them both on 1 track or no? I believe I was told that on a previous project the mixed audio was all on Track 1?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines