• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bin - sort by date created (basic metadata) bug in CC?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have my date created that derives from the .mov files - but i am unable to sort via the column heading even though i have it displayed - i can sort all the other columns from the premiere metadata but headings within the basic dont seem to be able to be sorted by, in CS6 it worked, is this a CC bug?

thanks

Oli

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

OlieWDJ,

Here's the solution: How to Sort Project Bin Clips by Creation Date in Adobe Premiere Pro
Let us know if that works for you.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like this is fixed in the CC 2015 release 🙂

Even better now you can sorted over all metadata columns include custom!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 06, 2015 Nov 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Adobe for finally fixing this in CC 2015. I just logged into these forums to complain about this still not being around in CC 2015, then I checked my Metadata display and saw it and was pleasantly surprised to see that it worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2016 Jan 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Premiere Pro CC 2015 on a Mac and while this problem appears to be fixed when importing video files, it doesn't  work when I import images.  I've added the metadata field for Creation Date, but the column is blank in the project window for image files.

I am importing hundreds of .jpg images to use for a time-lapse project and it's crucial to sort by Creation Date because the file names aren't chronological.  They are standard .jpg files and the original files still clearly show the original creation date in the Finder window.

Is there a fix for this? Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 12, 2016 Jun 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just arriving here with this exact problem, just want to import assets in DATE and time order (about 68 files) taken over two days.  Video and stills.   Can't believe cheap old MS File Explorer can just click and sort but Adobe has trouble with this?  OVer a year later and NO solution to this problem it seems.  All those Adobe WISH and Adobe HELP links didn't get any body anything? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2016 Jun 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ThomasJohnLynch,

Please make sure you are updated to the current version. You may have to add the field in the Metadata panel if it is not already there.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 25, 2016 Nov 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Elements 15 how or where do I get the Metadata panel to allow or do this Kevin Monahan?   Your other products show a right click on the Projects assets allow that column to be selcted.

All I get in Elements 15 is Name and Duration?  THAT is it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 23, 2016 Jul 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR 6.6 i get them as fast as you send them?  The problem is your panel does not allow the sort or selection.  This is highly documented in multiple places as an issue on multiple forums here and our on the internet it carries forward to Premiere whenyou try to use the wizard and create a movie from your multiple clips and it resorts to filename left to right alpha sorting. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OlieWDJ,

Here's the solution: How to Sort Project Bin Clips by Creation Date in Adobe Premiere Pro
Let us know if that works for you.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines