• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bizarre Text Issue... Nothing Displays

Participant ,
May 20, 2023 May 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello- For the past serval weeks I've been having an off and on issue with text not displaying in my edit. CC desktop app is on and all my adobe fonts are active. Mid week, I can't get anything to display. I used the remover tool and re-installed everything and still no luck. Manaul deleteed all cache files as well.

I am using Dell Precision 7920, Win 10, Quadro P2200 card and everything is up to date. Please see the attached for visual reference.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. At the moment I am at a work stoppage becasue of this issue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , May 22, 2023 May 22, 2023

Looks like I solved the issue. I had 3k+ fonts active, so I deactived all, then activated only the two fonts I am using for my current project. Now, no issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
May 20, 2023 May 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

example.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 21, 2023 May 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like the position of your text is off-screen.

SamiSuccar_0-1684667351606.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a good observation that I didn't pick up. I adjusted position, size and alignment and still no text. I really appreciate you responding.

I attached another grab. This time of a brand new text layer which will show this happens even when creating new. My sequence is Editing Mode- DSLR 1920x1080.

Example002.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the menu bar, go to File > Project Settings > General, and set the renderer to Software Only. See if anything changes. Also please attach the project if you don't mind, I'll try to have a look on my system to troubleshoot it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No change with the render setting. I don't see an attachment option so here is a dropbox link- https://www.dropbox.com/s/z59vawg1dl5r8xj/Untitled.prproj?dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I couldn't replicate the issue. This seems like an issue specific to your setup. The text displays fine on mine.

Did you try resetting Premiere's preferences? Re-installing?

SamiSuccar_0-1684672024318.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went by Adobe's spec and used their removal tool and re-installed everything. I was afraid this may be isolated to my system. Not sure what my next steps will be but I am going to first try to deactivate all my Adobe fonts and reactivate one by one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 22, 2023 May 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like I solved the issue. I had 3k+ fonts active, so I deactived all, then activated only the two fonts I am using for my current project. Now, no issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2023 Jul 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank F#$!ing god! I've been going out of my mind struggling with this same text issue for months now, removed all the fonts, and now I can finally see text again. Thanks for figuring this one out sir!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 26, 2023 Jul 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad things are back to normal. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2023 Jul 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jasonjam apologies for my ignorance... was it just the added Adobe fonts you deactivated or all system fonts? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2023 Jul 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scratch that... I see you've answered that in the previous post, apologies!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries. I always think all my Adobe issues are isolated just to my system. Just to summarize, I deactivated all my Adobe Fonts, which was in the range of 3k+. I never co-mingle systems with third party. Back in the day when I was on Mac, yes but now I keep my system fonts factory. Any third party activation I use an app called Font Expert. In all my experience I found Font Expert to be the best.

After deactivating, I activated the one font I was using for the project and haven't had an issue since.

For now, I keep my Adobe Fonts activation under 100 fonts and activating as needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good to know for the future, thank you for that 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad it worked out eventually. It's always a nightmare figuring out these system-specific ghosts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad you got it figured out and that things are working for you again. For future reference, if you get things like position or other properties way out of bounds, you can use the little Reset Effect button in the Effect Controls Panel, which you can see in this image:

Screenshot 2023-05-22 at 10.24.57 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines