Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Broadcast - Sequence's needs a stereo template

Participant ,
Dec 22, 2023 Dec 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've noticed that a new update to Premiere Pro has included new sequence settings.

We edit for broadcast in interlaced 50i sequence's but with stereo audio. We've been using the AVC-Intra 100 50i Stereo setting that has now been moved to 'Legacy'.

Yes, final master exports for broadcast are mono, but we still edit within stereo sequences. Our audio dubbing team export a stereo wav which is placed under the final sequence and exported as AVC-I 50i 4 Channel Mono.

Please include a Broadcast 'Stereo' standard template.

Since Premiere doesn't work like Avid and ingests media as mono - I'm not sure what Adobe are thinking here? If you have media as stereo but need it within a 50i/25i sequence, are you supposed to convert/transcode it to break it out to mono?

Screenshot 2023-12-22 144710.pngScreenshot 2023-12-22 144746.png

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change the audio setting (tracks) and save it as a custom template.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah - done that. We work with a lot of external editors, and it's good to be able to point to a standard sequence template rather than providing instructions on how to set up a sequence to our spec.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines