• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Burning my videos onto a DVD in 2021... Encore no longer available

Contributor ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have videos made and are posted online, like things are normally done these days. But I also have some people that don't have access to the internet or a computer. Bottom line I need optical media (specifically DVDs) for them. 

All the info I find says to use Encore, which doesn't exist anymore. Does anyone know how to do this? I am currently rendering my files out as MPEG2-DVDs NTSC DV wide Progressive, but someone said you can't just slap that onto a disk and make the magic happen. I need like 20 of the things, I'm willing to sit at my desk and crank them out one at a time, I don't need to send them to be stamped out or anything. Even if there is no menu but just plays the disk automatically with no chapters or menu or anything, that will do. 

Thoughts? Ideas? Help?

TL;DR I need a quick and easy way to get my movies onto a DVD, nothing fancy and the old ways don't exist anymore.

TOPICS
Export , Formats , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every link and post I find is about Encore, and most of the links I find don't work anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows only Encore alternative http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/taw6.htm44l

Or buy the Windows version of Premiere Elements for an all in one solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually have that piece of software already, can I drop my rendered files in a new timeline there and burn it natively??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking into premiere elements, this looks promising.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Encore used one of the ... what, 4-5? ... licensed authoring codes out there. Back a few years ago, the company holding that license was bought by another company who didn't want to run that licensing process so they ordered all holders of that ... including Adobe ... to cease use. Adobe got permission to 'carry' Encore for a while as long as they didn't do anything with it.

The process, and it was designed to be cumbersome I'd guess to limit use ... was to download/install Cs6 PrPro, which included Encore, then you could uninstall the Cs6 PrPro and keep the Encore. Then when another licensing issue came up with Dolby Labs, Adobe just dumped all the older versions to keep their legal liability down.

And their upper management hath long since determined there's not enough market for optical media delivery that it would be worth creating a new app & licensing the authoring code. Ergo: no Encore-type optical disk app within the Adobe-sphere.

So ... this pops up every once in a while, and one needs to search for DVD/BluRay authoring software. Sigh.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the answer, Seriously your always getting my questions answered. Adobe pays you right?

As for authoring this stuff, I'm not familiar with that process, when I put mp3's on a cd (or when I used to) they just play. No special sauce needed. So there's more going on with DVDs than just selecting the correct container and dropping it on a disk I take it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think ImgBurn is freeware.  DVD Architect came from Sony who was deep into Blu-Ray.  Now it is owned by Magix and is supposed to be "very powerful" for optical disc burning.   I have no recent experience with either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used ImgBurn for years and was happy with it, last time I used it (a few years ago now) it came with an unwelcome hitchhiker (a virus) 😥 haven't used it sence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cyberlink Power2Go 13 and TMPGEnc Authoring Works 6 have free trial versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines