• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can anyone else confirm this PP-AE 2019 dynamic link text font bug?

Enthusiast ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just came across a dynamic link bug between Premiere Pro and After Effects 2019.

I would really appreciate it if anyone else could confirm this bug and point out any solutions, if there are any at the moment!

Steps:

1. Create new PP2019 project (I used DSLR 1080p30 for my sequence, in case that matters)
  2. Create a dynamic link AE comp with a title, either within Premiere Pro, or in After Effects and importing it (I used the HDTV 1080 29.97 preset, in case that matters)
  3. Change the title's font, content, size, position, rotation, etc, in AE.  It all updates in PP just fine.
  4. BUT, if you change the title's content in PP, using the Effect Control window's Master tab, the title instantly changes to a default font (something that looks like Helvetica) and no amount of font/content changes in AE cause the font/content to update in PP.  Everything else continues to update fine (size, position, rotation, etc), just not the font or content.
  5. Doing an undo (CTRL-Z) in PP causes the last used font and title content in AE to reappear in PP.

Can anyone else confirm this bug?

Is there any work around at the moment, short of creating all titles within AE vs updating the text in PP?

I'll be submitting an official BR (bug report) for this.  Hopefully it can get fixed soon!

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Hi All,

There is an update. We are working on the resolution. The issue is likely to get fixed in the next patch update for Adobe Premiere Pro.

Thank you for your patience,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Valorous Hero ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried with different fonts? And by different, I mean, Postscript, True Type etc.  

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. I'm having the same problem. I even drag the comp into Premiere, the font is right, but I go to change the text and the font changes to the wrong font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming this bug erikgruber25!

Is the wrong font that appears always the same one each time?  Does it look like Helvetica, or is it something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The font I want to use/am using in AFX is a Helvetic Neue bold, but it looks like it's shifting like a light/regular Helvetica. Seems to always shift to that same, wrong font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem... I have just updated to 2019 and dynamic link is not working. When I attempt to "Replace with AE composition" in Premiere, I get this message "After Effects must be installed to import this file" Anyone knows what could be happening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE Comps from older projects that I need to revise are not linking properly on my work machine. The oddity is, AE comps from 2016 work fine, but comps made in CC17/18 won't load at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mogrt I made in 2017, in my library, does not use the correct font in CC19 also, just checked it in CC18 and it's fine. No idea what the font is that replaced the typekit font I used in the original though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that you are facing this issue. Few other users have also reported a similar issue.

We're investigating it.

I regret the inconvenience caused.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shivangi,

Thank you so much for the update!  Looking forward to this getting fixed so that I can start using PP2019!

I am so thankful that CC now gives its users the option to install new programs while maintaining the previous version on their computer.  That feature is a life-saver, since this bug in PP2019 makes it unusable for my workflow, but at least I can continue to use PP2018 for the time being.

All the best!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. For me the fix was similar to what i've been dealing with on Essential Graphics. Go to File > Project Settings > General > Renderer and change it to Mercury Playback Engine Software Only. I'm not sure why my video card seems to be increasingly incompatible with Adobe, it's like they forgot it existed.

For speed I change this setting when i'm ready to export, but then change back while i'm editing.

Machine specs:

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)

4 GHz Intel Core i7

32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3

AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4096 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. I should have learned by now not to update to the latest CC until it's been out a few months. I always run into problems that slow down my workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have the exact same issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem for me since I updated to 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue ... please fix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm having this same issue as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New update of Premiere DOES NOT fix this bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm this also, new update DOES NOT fix this bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling both PP and AE, but imported AE titles still change to a default font when I try to edit them in PP.

I should note that the titles I am using were created in the previous version of AE. However, I opened them in latest AE, and re-saved them before importing them into PP. Still no luck.

I have not yet tried creating all new titles in AE and importing them into PP, but I will soon. If that works, great, but I would hate to lose all of my previous title templates because of this font issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem as well after updating to CC19.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2018 Nov 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Anyone found a workaround?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

There is an update. We are working on the resolution. The issue is likely to get fixed in the next patch update for Adobe Premiere Pro.

Thank you for your patience,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope this problem will be fixed as soon as possible. because its annoying

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines