• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can anyone else confirm this PP-AE 2019 dynamic link text font bug?

Enthusiast ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just came across a dynamic link bug between Premiere Pro and After Effects 2019.

I would really appreciate it if anyone else could confirm this bug and point out any solutions, if there are any at the moment!

Steps:

1. Create new PP2019 project (I used DSLR 1080p30 for my sequence, in case that matters)
  2. Create a dynamic link AE comp with a title, either within Premiere Pro, or in After Effects and importing it (I used the HDTV 1080 29.97 preset, in case that matters)
  3. Change the title's font, content, size, position, rotation, etc, in AE.  It all updates in PP just fine.
  4. BUT, if you change the title's content in PP, using the Effect Control window's Master tab, the title instantly changes to a default font (something that looks like Helvetica) and no amount of font/content changes in AE cause the font/content to update in PP.  Everything else continues to update fine (size, position, rotation, etc), just not the font or content.
  5. Doing an undo (CTRL-Z) in PP causes the last used font and title content in AE to reappear in PP.

Can anyone else confirm this bug?

Is there any work around at the moment, short of creating all titles within AE vs updating the text in PP?

I'll be submitting an official BR (bug report) for this.  Hopefully it can get fixed soon!

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Hi All,

There is an update. We are working on the resolution. The issue is likely to get fixed in the next patch update for Adobe Premiere Pro.

Thank you for your patience,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, same problem here.  Anyone figured out a fix? (besides reverting to 2018 or making each graphic in AE)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I am Sparticus... I mean I too am having the same problem what is the ETA on a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no fix! This is ridicilous.

We have a feature film that we cut and subtitled using PP/AE 2019. Now the client wants to update the font which was super simple in PP 2018.

But not in 2019!! We do not have the time and resources to Re-type the subs.

When is the fix coming?!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm this also. When is the fix coming?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

has anyone found out whether the problem is solved with 13.0.2?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No fix, problem is still here in 13.0.2

edit: It does seem to work I think AE was not updated properly before I tried. I now updated both Premiere and AE and it seems to work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It seemed to work for me. I updated both PP and AE, then changed the font style and it updated correctly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines