• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I make a 'multicam sequence' from clips already on timeline?

Engaged ,
Jun 06, 2015 Jun 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All. Although I switch live many many projects, I haven't yet used the Multi-Cam proccess in Premiere pro cc as of yet.  All my footage was all over the place with 3 cameras sometimes running sometimes not etc...etc... so I spent hours aligning all three cameras (x 6 hours) onto a timeline (there's absolutely no way Premiere could do this on it's own with this footage(s).  Now, can I take all my six tracks (3-videos & 3-audios) and make a Multicam sequence from these? I can't seem to find a way to do so.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

should be able to... one way is to select all of the footage and nest, then right click and choose multi-camera>enable. another way is to create a new sequence with the same settings (or settings needed for project) and place the sequence with all the footage on the timeline. then just like before, enable multi-camera from right click.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Holy Guacamole. That worked really well. I accidentally had a TRRS cable in one of my mics. So a tip for those syncing audio wanting to get to this point. I found a hand motion that I wanted to sync audio, right to the point where his had left his pants and then laid down a marker (m). Then I found the exact same point on the other video, to the frame, and laid down another marker, dragged the video without audio and then snap it was perfectly synced. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2023 May 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are a genius

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

flatten it.

nest.

use the button 'overwrite and nest'

actually douplicate your sequence first, that way you have a copy

Edit : woops Ronin's got you covered. sorry, thats how slow I am!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Thank you Thankyou so much... Although as I haven't yet ever used multi-cam & Nesting and Flattening, I'm at a loss of exactly the proccess. I'm trying to follow the video(s) on Lynda.com, but they take me to some other way to sync first, and/but I already synced all the footage. Also, RonEdits, when you say select "All The Footage" do you mean all 6 tracks? or each audio/video track individually? Also where's the "Nest" option? I tried selecting all the footage and right clicked and thought there should automatically be a "send to mulicam" button, but there's not. I'm so confused. Is there a video somewhere where it acctually shows how to prepare my already synced timeline of three cameras, the steps to perform a multi-cam timeline? Thanks in advance for your continuing patience... I'm new to this part of Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is a video i found on youtube. Multicamera Editing in Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 - YouTube

the nest command should be on the list when right clicking, its also in the menu, clip>nest. the problem with doing the nest command (at least for me) is that it only nests the video and not the audio. so nesting the sequence from the bin, like in the video, might work better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jun 07, 2015 Jun 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

problem with CS6 multicam tutorials is that the multicam monitor was available as a separate window and with CC multicam monitor was moved into the Project panel, so after a CS6 tutorial, you might be lost in finding the multicamera monitor

when Ronin says 'create a new sequence with the same settings' ,,, and then take your multicam source sequence from your project bin - your 3 video, 3 audio layers - select and drag to your new, empty, just created sequence

when the 'insert and overwrite sequences as nests or individual clips' is blue (unselected) that new sequence is 'flat'

when 'insert and overwrite sequences as nests or individual clips' is white (selected) that new sequence will show all your 6 video/audio layers

with your 'flat' sequence, right click the clip to get pop-up menu, choose 'Multi-Camera', slide over and choose 'enable'

now, in your Project bin (Premiere CC) click on 'wrench icon' to get pop-up menu, then choose 'Multi-Camera' and then you should get your three video on left and composite video on right

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 07, 2015 Jun 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, Thank You All for your input(s).  I finally figured it all out by taking bits and pieces of your comments and the available video (albeit it was made for older version of Premiere and obviously obsolete)

For anyone else who needs to know, here's the exact steps to take. (And this took a half of a day day to figure out and write so please use this and Enjoy!)

=====

How to prepare your video clips for editing a 'Multi-Camera' program from clips already synced on your timeline.

1. Place all your clips on timeline, as usual, and sync them all up.

2. Grab (Highlight) all your footage and choose 'Nest'.

3. As asked, give your new nested sequence a name.

4. Right click on your new (Green) nested clip and choose,  'Multi-Camera / Enable'

5. a. In Program Monitor, choose settings (little gear near bottom right)    b. Choose "Multi-Camera'.

- Your program monitor will now show all your separate clips (on left side),  and your Main Program, that your using to monitor your cutting (on the right side).

6a.  Before you start cutting (mixing your program), It's important to create a new, separate "Unnested" sequence in order to make any final color corrections etc.. on each separate 'Complete' timeline. (this is in case there are noticeable differences between cameras etc...)           If you wait until After you perform Multi-Cam cutting, you'll have to make any color corrections separate for each occurrence of any 'same' clip(s) on your fully cut timeline that could take lots of wasted time.

6b. To create an 'unnested' sequence, (on a PC) simply hold down your 'Ctlr' button & double left click your mouse over the Green nested timeline. This will create a new sequence for you to make any changes to individual timeline clips.

7. Finally to start editing your Multi-Camera program,

a. Click on your main 'Program Monitor' to engage it.

b. Click 'Home' on your keyboard to take your playline back to the start of our timeline.

c. Now just hit your Space Bar to start PlayBack

d. choose which input you prefer by either mouse clicking on one of the small previews (on left of your Main Program Monitor), or by simply choosing which number of camera to go to using the top numerical numbers on your keyboard.

Note: You can change the order in which your 'previews' are displayed in the left 'Preview' area by, going back you your timelines new 'Unnested' sequence you just built in step 6b. (see above)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was extremely helpful. Thank you for taking the time to come back and posts this step by step walkthrough

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when i get to the step where i right click and enable multicam, i only see the same one clip in program monitor on the left side and the right side. what did i do wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 12, 2019 Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a note in Sept 2019, that for me the un-nested sequence is not created when ctrl double clicking. It just opens the nested sequence. However, the way to do the camera correction, is to use master effects, applying the effect to the master clip. This is always going to be easier anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those who are coming across this in post 2021, I believe I have found a much easier solution.  Like OP, I wanted to sync my videos ahead of time, which I did by using the PluralEyes plugin.  Anyway, once you have your timeline how you want it, go to the project files and right click your sequence, and click "New sequence from clip".  Then go to your newly created sequence that should just have the single green track, right click the green clip, mutlicam > enable.  Viola, you can now use multicam.  This method is useful if you want to use the audio from each original clip individually (in my case, I'm editing footage where I want the audio to switch with the camera).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nevermind, this did not solve my audio problem.  Seems to just use the audio from audio track 1.  Still a fast way to create a multicam from an already made sequence though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reaplying again, because apparently as a new user I can't edit my comments.  Anyway, Turns out you CAN use my method above and still have the audio switch along with the video.  Just right click anywhere in the program monitor on the multicam side, and check "Multi-Camera Audio Follows Video".  So I see no immediate downsides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines