• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't change my renderer options - it's greyed out.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason my options are greyed out and I'm unable change them. I've tried some earlier suggestions on how to fix this, but nothing has worked.

Everything was working fine on my this Mac (2021 M1 Max, 64 GB) but something changed and now my videos show up as just a black screen - no video platback.

I've been looking for answers but cannot figure it out.

All help appreciated.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey there, type1wild.

Sorry. Hope I understand your problems. You say you've got a powerful M1 Mac and have a couple of issues.

• No Software Only Option for Renderer: This is normal, I believe. My M1 also has no option for Software Only.
  • Black Screen when parked on a clip: This is not very normal. What kind of video clip are you parked on? What are your Sequence Settings? Let us know.
    • Often, the files are too heavy for the machine to handle or are not supported very well at this time.
    • More info on your format would be helpful.
    • The freeware app Media Info (Tree View) is the best tool for deriving the info we need.
    • Can you download Media Info and run a sample clip through there?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines