Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't drag and drop tracks

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are two issues currently:

1. When I try to drag an audio (or video) clip into the timeline, the icon turns into a greyed out "no" symbol when I try to place it onto any track, even new tracks.

2. The video tracks aren't being listed in the workspace (as you can see). Only audio tracks are listed.

Screenshot (11211).png

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The most common user error is not source patching the track.
Solved by first opening clip in Source Monitor. Then drag/insert into timeline.

source patching.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Get a larger screen so you can properly see what you are doing.

show video.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried both of these things. I was dragging clips from the source monitor, but then it started greying out the option when I click and drag. And I have expanded the view and still don't see any video (V) files listed. There should be one attached to the camera audio track (the blue).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to source patch before adding clips.

Adobe Premiere Pro Help | Source patching and track targeting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Based on your screenshot, you've told Premiere Pro not patch Audio from the Source.  You have also not told Premiere Pro which Audio Tracks should be used as a Targets.  

You need to click "A1" to patch it as the Source and on at least one Audio Track as the Target.  If you drag and drop, it should be enough to just set the Source patch. 

Premiere Pro with the Source patch for A1 inside a circle and the Audio Track Targets inside a rectangle.Premiere Pro with the Source patch for A1 inside a circle and the Audio Track Targets inside a rectangle.

Source patching and track targeting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines