• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't drag assets or bins within the project panel (v.23.1)

New Here ,
Dec 23, 2022 Dec 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday I updated from Premiere '22 to Premiere '23. I tried continuing work on projects I had just been working on in Pr '22 and noticed I was not able to drag bins around in the project panel. 

For example- if I click an existing bin and try to drag and drop it into another bin, nothing happens. Clicking and holding on the bin does nothing and the cursor moves away from the bin without holding on. 

I tried dragging and dropping audio clips and video files as well and found the same issue. 

I tried restarting the program, restarting the system, duplicating the old project files and re-opening, updating my system software (I'm now running MacOS Ventura 13.1) and nothing helped. I uninstalled Premiere 23.1 and reinstalled and that worked for a while but the bug returned later yesterday evening. 

This morning I uninstalled Premiere and reinstalled again and the bug is still there. Still cannot organize anything in the project panel. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am working on a tight deadline and my project panel is starting to become a chaotic mess.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 23, 2022 Dec 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On installing the new version, did you dump your cache files? Always needs doing with new versions, as old cache files can cause issues.

And there have been a fair number of issues posted of all sorts by Macs on Ventura in Premiere ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I searched online to find this issue as I've recently come across a similar issue. (I work at Adobe). In your case, can you remember if you were working with an undocked Project Panel? I've seen cases where this can cause the issue you have described. I've got a couple temporary workarounds that you can try while we dig deeper into a full solution. Re-docking to Project Panel - then undocking again can help. Also, launching Pr before you open the Project should also help. Please LMK if these workarounds help. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines