• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't export on Machine A, but Machine B works fine. Why?

Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have two identical iMacs running Premiere Pro CC 2017 (most current version). I have a project I'm cutting and working off a Facilis Terrablock as our SAN. I'm going to export the sequence and PP crashes, at various percentages during the export.

The sequence is made up of ProRes LT footage and various stills. The stills, I've went ahead and resampled to 72dpi and RGB, as CMYK and most resolutions higher tend to crash it. Anyway, all is perfect and I've check it multiple times. its crashes my PP, but when I open it on Machine B, again identical, it exports just fine. No crashes.

Can anyone explain this or provide a work around?

and fyi, all scratch disks are on the Terrablock as well. So video previous, caches et'all. Boggles my mind!

Thanks for your time.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

So I don't get an error code to even check. And when you submit to Adobe, its doesn't bring up any solutions.

However, both machines are identical, except for the GFX card. My machine, the one that PP keeps crashing is running the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB and the other machine, the one it works on is running an older card, the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M 2048Mb. Both machines were set to Open CL. Weird.

So I went thru that list from that link and what I did try was switching from Open CL to Cu

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BellPost,

Is there an error message after the crash? Please check if the GPUs are of the same model & GPU drivers are updated to the same version.

Are you logging in using Administrator account into both machines?

Please try the steps in this article from "Finding solutions for unknown errors" section & let us know the status.

How to fix issues that cause errors when rendering or exporting

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I don't get an error code to even check. And when you submit to Adobe, its doesn't bring up any solutions.

However, both machines are identical, except for the GFX card. My machine, the one that PP keeps crashing is running the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB and the other machine, the one it works on is running an older card, the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M 2048Mb. Both machines were set to Open CL. Weird.

So I went thru that list from that link and what I did try was switching from Open CL to Cuda Acceleration. That caused me to delete Video Preview files, render new ones and export as ProRes. Which worked that time. However, working with Cuda is always spotty, as I often the matrix jumbled screen on my display.

Either way, hoping this worked for now. But in my eyes, still isn't a perfect solve. thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update. I've recently completely wiped out all pervious version of Premiere. PP CS6 et'al. Ran the Adobe cleaner and scoured the OS drive for all things Adobe and deleted.

Then I did a fresh install of Cloud and the apps I use. I can report I have not had the same issues with PP as of yet. Time will tell I guess!

Thx for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines