• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't get audio to play in tutorials

Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Full disclosure, I'm a total novice. I signed up for a subscription for my wife, and I'm trying to learn Premier Pro for the first time. I'm reasonably adept at software, and I'm a fairly skilled Photoshop and Lightroom user. I'm a Windows user.

I started taking the first tutorials for beginners and right off the bat I ran into a problem. I can't get the audio to play on the test clips. I tested the system by importing some of the videos I've taken myself, and the sound works fine. I've gone into the settings in Windows for sound, and tried a couple of different things, nothing seems to work for the tutorial clips. Please help 🙂

TOPICS
Audio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 26, 2023 Apr 26, 2023

Just in case anybody else comes across this problem, here's the solution. As a total newbie to Premiere Pro, I'm not familiar at all with the various parts of the workspace and what they mean. The tutorials they tell you to download don't actually have any audio on them. They don't tell you that, so naturally I wondered what I was doing wrong. I got on the line with Adobe, and they straightened me out. I'm assuming that once I get past the most basic tutorials, if they give you something to down

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure Default Input in the Audio Hardware in the Preferences is set to No Input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It set the preferences for "No Input", and restarted Premiere Pro. No dice. 
Same problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2023 Apr 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just in case anybody else comes across this problem, here's the solution. As a total newbie to Premiere Pro, I'm not familiar at all with the various parts of the workspace and what they mean. The tutorials they tell you to download don't actually have any audio on them. They don't tell you that, so naturally I wondered what I was doing wrong. I got on the line with Adobe, and they straightened me out. I'm assuming that once I get past the most basic tutorials, if they give you something to download, they'll have audio on them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 26, 2023 Apr 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for reporting back, Huntley.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines