• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't make a sequence longer than 24 hours?

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2019 Dec 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to stitch together a collection of livestreams into one 35 hour mega video, but Premiere seems to have an arbitrary cap of 24 hours per sequence. Anyone know of a way around this?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are Mac based, you could probably use QuickTime Player to assemble the smaller files into one large file by opening the first file and then using the Add File To End command in QT player. I don't know what the equivalent is in Windows.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got a tiny Mac Laptop, so I'll save that as a last resort if I can't get it to work on my editing PC. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I might add (no pun intended haha just noticed before hitting send), that if you only need to add the final frame to land 24 hours exactly, it's helpful (or necessary even I think) to cut your add footage down to a few seconds first, save it, and then trim it down again to that last frame which you can then tack onto the end to get your perfect 24 hours (I was making a clock as movie hence the precision issue). Then re-export to weld them together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may be able to export two files and then join them with other software.

What file type do you need as your end product?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Youtube compatible, so MP4 or other basic filetype. What kind of program could stitch them together?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Took 6 hours, but that did it! Thanks a ton.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 08, 2019 Dec 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ffmpeg looks amazing but I'm flummoxed by the in line non graphical interface - I feel like I wont know how to grab onto the items that need to be worked on. Is it less difficult than I imagine? I suppose there are some good tutorials but the ones I looked at focus on what to do but not whats actually being done so it kind of feels like being shown how to knit without showing the yarn...or even telling you where to get it or which end of it to use...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines