• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can the duration of mogrt be dependent on a value set by user?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I am creating a mogrt which includes a timer. My client want the duration of the mogrt to change according to the value he/ she inputted for the timer. Is it possible to change the duration of the mogrt automatically according to the data inputted? Thanks!

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As per my knowledge, it's not possible to do in premiere pro however you can try doing the opposite using the Timecode effect which can display the timing as per the length of the clip.

If your using After Effects then it should be possible by using expressions. 

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. I am wondering if there's a variable or something that is related to the duration of the clip in Preimere so that I can change the duration of the mogrt in Premiere Pro according to a number inputted by my client. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @liukatkatkat

The easiest thing you can do is to use the Responsive-Design Time feature on your Primary Comp in After Effects before export. Use the Workbar to select a range of time in your Primary Comp and right-click on it to create a "Protected Region". This means that when you use the Mogrt in Premiere Pro, you can stretch or squish the in and out points and the timing will change in the mogrt except for in the Protected Region or Regions. Some creators set these around the animated parts and leave the still parts stretchable and some people do the opposite so that the end-user in Premiere can change the timing of the animation. 
You can learn more about it here: 

But you can also use expressions and hook them up to expression slider controls to let your user change this value to dive the timing of individual properties or layers. E.C. Abrams has some awesome into tutorials to help get you started! 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i69oa0EeJ3A

Hope this is helful! 

Dacia 

- Dacia Saenz, AE Engineering Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines