• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot edit captions?

Explorer ,
Jan 01, 2018 Jan 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could add open captions no problem. But my options are very limited when it comes to editing the text? All the options that I see in tutorials are not visible or unable to utilize them at all, such as change of background colors, change text colors. And how do I remove background colors? I just want text.

Video tutorial: Create and customize subtitles |

I use adobe premier trial by the way. So, maybe that's why?

I thank you in advance!

Buppha

cc.png

cc1.png

premier.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Buppha - In my tutorial here I show you how to remove the background color and customize the "look" and style of your captions: How to Create Open Captions in Premiere Pro CC 2015.3 by #PremiereGal - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no problem with the tutorial. The only problem I have is that when I click on the background color icon or text icon to change the colors nothing happens. It doesn't show me color options?! I also don't get more selections as in your video when I click on window --> captions. Please study my photos again to see what I mean. Thanks.

Buppha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Buppa. If you noticed, PremiereGal is using 2015.3 where Captions work as expected.

In ver 2017 on Windows 7 Pro and 2018 on Mac OS 10.11, the ability to edit the fonts is GONE! As far as picking colors, there are a limited number of them and the eyedropper is gone as well.

Now, I've used 2017 on that same Mac with 2018 and it seems to be working ok!? Very strange.

So far, it looks like you can't edit the fonts in 2017 with Windows 7 or 2018 on Mac OS 10.11.

It does seem to work in 2017 on Mac OS 20.11.

Confused? I know I am. I would suggest you download the legacy version of 2015 to edit captions until Adobe fixes this huge bug which I did report. Good luck.

Bob K.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines