• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot install Premiere Pro 2021 on iMac running MacOS 10.14.6 (Mojave)

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I had Premiere Pro 2021 installed on my iMac running MacOS 10.14.6 (Mojave) that I cannot update for multiple reasons.

I started to have issues with Premiere Pro so I wanted to do a fresh install.

I had not noticed the "Unistall" button in Creative Cloud so I used the "Uninstall Adobe Premiere Pro 2021" shortcut provided in the /Applications/Adobe Premiere Pro 2021 folder. Uninstallation took seconds.

I then wanted to reinstall Premiere Pro 2021 from the Creative Cloud App (I have an Entreprise Adobe Account), but all I get is "Not Compatible" with no access to older versions. 

I'm stuck here with no access to my software. Is there a way around this ?

Thanks !

Patrick

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

That has been Adobe's older version policy since May of 2019. It is now restricting older version availability to the major version that immediately precedes the current major version.

And Adobe did this because of its ongoing dispute with the third-party companies that provided much of the functionality of the older versions of Premiere - and those other companies have restricted the maximum period of support and licensing for the given version(s) of those included-with-Premiere third-party plu

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you not install Premiere 2023 or 2022?

Premiere version 21 is not available through Creative Cloud anymore...

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's true. Premiere Pro 2022 (22.0), the oldest version of Premiere Pro that remains available via the Creative Cloud app, requires macOS 10.15 (Catalina) or newer just to even install at all.

Second, if your iMac is very old, is there any reason why you cannot update your system's installed version of macOS to version 11.x (Big Sur) or newer? If this is the case, then you're pretty much out of luck at this point - in which case you'll need a brand new Mac in order to continue using Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Marek and RjL190365 for your answers !

My iMac is not so old that I could not update its OS, but I cannot do that because of an older Avid MediaComposer I have to stick with in order to be compatible with our Interplay environment. So that's that...

I feel I've been tricked in thinking I could reinstall PremierePro 2021 since it was still running on that computer last week and that all the other CC2021 apps installed still run also.

Is there really no way around this decision from Adobe to force everyone to update ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That has been Adobe's older version policy since May of 2019. It is now restricting older version availability to the major version that immediately precedes the current major version.

And Adobe did this because of its ongoing dispute with the third-party companies that provided much of the functionality of the older versions of Premiere - and those other companies have restricted the maximum period of support and licensing for the given version(s) of those included-with-Premiere third-party plugins.

In other words, Adobe itself is (literally) stuck between a rock and a hard place, just like everyone else that's involved in the tech industry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you RjL190365 for putting things into context.

I managed to get my hand on a CC2021 standalone installer our company held onto. Everything is back to normal for me now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I was reading all this and it happen the same to me, so is there any possibility you could share with me the downloaded of cc2021 that you found because I can't update my max because of some plugins and I need that premiere pro version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm not sure I'm allowed to do that, but let me check with our maintenance department.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey @handfiep,

Thanks for offering Diego some help, however, let's let our customer care team handle any installers of the software. I'm really glad you're back on track with the help of your IT departmemnt. Good luck with your project.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Diego,

I read your post and understand your conundrum. Please contact support for a time-limited installer. They may be able to help. Here is the link: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

In the chat pod at the lower right, ask for the "video queue" and type in your request. They should be able to help.

Fellow users, like @handfiep, should not be distributing installers. Leave that duty to our customer care representatives. Sorry if you were not aware of that. Take care and let us know if they helped you or not.

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines